No Olympic Skins

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

07-27-2012

Because apparently the Olympics aren't full of enough lore or are capable of creating any kind of in-game related lore? I call B.S. If you wanted to, you could easily incorporate Riot's in-game lore into real-life events, it's essentially the same thing you do for Halloween and Christmas.

Posted in the Spanish forum by Riot Leoliolip:

Hello,

As you know, our tendency is not to link the actual events in League of Legends. In step we performed similar actions (actual events -> aspects), for example Winter Olympic Games or World Cup. League of Legends But now an international game - played in all the world - and this forces us to think of a more international in introducing real events in the game.

The Summer Olympic Games, as well as other sporting events will not be present in League of Legends and that is why we will not have issues based on the summer Olympics.

Hello,
Indeed the Summer Olympic Games are an international event but is a real event. If you followed us during this past year, you may have noticed that all of our themed events that have taken aspects were fictitious, or Mourning Moon Delight Snow.

The theme of the aspects related to sporting events like the Olympics is something that the Spanish community seems to be very committed. If you help me make a list of events that you consider appropriate to include them to fit within a fictional framework adapted to League of Legends and can offer a framework to create creative aspects that are interesting, lively, original and in a context that solid to the world of League of Legends, I'll be the first to introduce the idea to our producers to make it happen.

Really, this issue of thematic and general aspects interest me much. If you have further questions or concerns about issues or ideas we are publishing aspects you consider interesting, I'll be in this conversation at your disposal to answer your questions and contribute my knowledge, which is not much, in this area.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...178814#8178814

Felaedor

07-27-2012

The Olympics aren't an Asian holiday.

Don't expect anything anymore.

Sophitia

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post

I guess they can expect not to get any of my money then O:

CorruptDictator

07-27-2012

The Olympics are the most "International" event in the world.

Riot makes no sense.

Sophitia

07-27-2012

bump

ZehNetoBR

07-27-2012

If they did World Cup skins, I don't see why not making Olympic Games skins. After all, China usually goes WAY better in the Olympic than in World Cup, anyway.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

This needs seen and explained.

What the hell, Riot? This is the lamest excuse ever, and you guys are really dropping the ball on special event skins lately.

First you missed St. Patrick's Day by just rehashing the two existing ones... Then you missed July 4th and didn't even put the old ones on sale again, which is even lamer than the treatment St. Patrick's Day got... Now nothing for the Olympics?

And the excuse "it's a real life holiday" is ****. Riot's never cared about skins being theme appropriate before. Singed on the beach, the Vandal lineup, the Mafia lineup, the PAX skins, hell, PULSEFIRE EZ.

It's petty blatantly obvious your ****ty Chinese overlords have you by the you know whats, but the OLYMPICS? REALLY?

Hell at the very least bring back the soccer skins again if you're not making anything new., I'm **** annoyed at joining up literally right after they went off sale. >.>

ElMage21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post

CHINESE OVERLORDs

ActionButlerGO

07-27-2012

If true, I am exceedingly disappointed, Riot.

There could never be a better reason to introduce a few LE skins than right now, when the entire world is ready to celebrate the spirit of international cooperation, friendship, and friendly competition. League is the #1 PC game in the world right now. It is played, daily, across the globe in multiple languages by multiple cultures. And you are just going to let this opportunity slip by?

For shame.

EDIT- The more I think about this, the more aggravated it makes me. I don't want to make a "Chinese Overlords" comment, but I'm also inclined to call the situation like I see it. No skins for St Patrick's Day. No skins or skin sales for Independence Day. And now nothing for the Olympics? But, don't worry guys, we've got Chinese New Year completely covered, right?

This is bull****, Riot, and you ****ed well know it.

Clerigon

07-27-2012

its depend the amount of gold medals china get.

1234511 ... 17