Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The LAG IS KILLING ME

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KILAH4716

10-20-2010

I've been having a lag problem only recently, like within these last 2 to 3 weeks:
I can play throughout most of the game, and either still get a victory or a defeat. MY problem comes when lag takes over my champion: I tell him to back off, and he charges the tower cause he's attacking a nearby minion. I tell him to use his ult on a champion, killing him. Instead, he delays, and the champion either escapes, or kills ME!
I don't know if this is the same problem everyone else has, or if this is only my problem, but is there ANY WAY this can be solved?

Bkvaluemeal

Recruiter

10-20-2010

Quote:
die4769:
This lag isn't server side, it's due to the client now leaking even more memory than before, and tanking your computer performance. I know because it's happening to me, and killing the LoLclient.exe process fixes it for a game, the only other thing I can suggest is right clicking the same process, and setting its priority to lowest.

Kilah4716, I am having the same issue on my end. Got back from a 3 week trip loaded my game and have over 300 ping but still running at 60 FPS. the above post helped me bring my ping down to 120's i still have a slight delay every now and then but its not the 2-3 delay that I've had before. The only other thing i can suggest is to make sure your video card drivers are up to date and close any torrent or downloads you have during your play time. I do hope this helps others because this helped me .

BK

Suikyo

10-21-2010

same problem. No Riot's answer? :/

Windish

10-21-2010

I've had similiar issues since last week. It's definitely not me, because I run at a consistent 50 fps, and my CPU usage and memory is normal. But I'm getting a consisten 500+ latency, so everything in game is lagging by like 5 seconds, making the whole game unplayable. All my recent losses were because my first game of the day was an auto loss cause I couldn't do anything. It clears up but only after like an hour of play.

Sereaphim

10-21-2010

Quote:
Adormas:
I started lagging these past two days as well. I remember when i first joined LoL (three months back I believe), I NEVER lagged. Then came that one patch(last month) after which the first 3-5 fps games began. This was (kinda) countered by task manager + end lolclient.exe . But then I could never go to the end game screen.
Now since the past two days, no matter what i do (reinstall, gamebooster, end lolclient.exe, reconnect, empty harddrive for more space - my space is 80% free, playing on lowest settings) nothing works.
Its annoying to let your team lose when they are clearly good players, and the other team is lol'ing at your nooby play, and your team member are getting frustrated with your 5 fps play. I lost two games in a row just cause of lag (yes 1 player playing at 5 fps does affect the outcome of the game).
And the worst part is, i was playing Teemo! Now people are gonna hate him even more, even though hes obviously awesome (I dont what you 'high ELO' gamers say, when I reach high ELO, I'll think of a way to play him better). But ofcourse reaching high ELO requires atleast lag free/ decent fps play.
And its not my computer. It didnt lag 2 months back, it should now.
After all that venting, all I want is some feedback from Riot, regarding the low fps/lag. At least, look into the problem. Remember even if its just 10% of the population facing the problem, thats a lot of people...

same problem

7thHeaven

10-21-2010

I got lag when anyone champion cast spell after halloween patch release. The screen had stoped but i still can move my cursor =.= what the hell is this =.=

Foxxifer

10-31-2010

Same issues with the low FPS - but here's the thing - run LoL on two computers; both wireless currently (although I did hardwire into the router to make sure it wasn't the connection).

The laptop computer can run LoL fine on its lowest graphic settings over a wireless internet setting. No Lag, no lame FPS, and can handle sound and vent.

The desktop recently got its graphics driver upgraded, hardwired into the router, went into task manager and set the client to low priority - nothing. FPS is still bouncing around, so clearly it's THAT computer.

Real question: what steps should I go through to find the real source of the problem? Should I check ports? Upgrades for other cards? Is it simply I need more memory? I basically just want a roadmap to how to look at this problem and find the source with my system before I spend hundreds upgrading pieces that will have nothing to do with the issue.

This all started a few patches ago - estimated around the patch that brought vlad came into. Before that there were no problems.

UPDATE:

So, I think with a little digging and the tiny computer savvy I have, I figured the problem down to a RAM issue; which is what I'll bet is most of people's problems here. When running LoL my computer is telling me that 100% of CPU and 67% of RAM is being used; that shouldn't be happening. But I hear some graphics cards can help RAM issues, so here's the new question:

RAM upgrade, or graphics upgrade?

Katarìna

10-31-2010

See, I'm shackled with low FPS and 250+ latency. Been dealing with the FPS garbage for months, but latency is relatively new though.

Lorellai

11-09-2010

i dunno what happened. but after i patched this.. its getting lagg all times. thts why i had 25 leaved. so dang ass hole.. why this game is getting lag.. F*** hate this

dropebot

12-03-2010

Come on guys!!!!
Help us!!!
I spent money buying riots, and now i cant play, because the last patch is BIZARRE!!!!
I have 200 lat, 60 fps, but i cant play, i have dc 6 times per game... And i cant reconnect more, im not a leaver....
OMFG!!!