Nasus is a Tanky AP, not a Solo Top

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrandonFromLV

07-27-2012

-Since tops are bruisers his Q takes forever to do damage to them. You also have to max it.
-His Q is also his only source of damage so you're basically a one button champion
-Solo Top Nasus can be kited forever.

So why do people keep sending him Top, an area that, when we look at the facts, doesn't suit him at all? To add to that, why do people keep building him AD when AP literally gives him all the benefits and NONE OF THE FLAWS. No crappy early game because your Q sucks. No getting pushed out of lane. No getting zoned. Let's look at AP Nasus

-His Q does significant damage to mids with only 1 point in it.
-AP Mids can not sustain Nasus damage and he can out sustain theirs
-He can farm his Q but his E is also a source of damage
-Nasus's Spirit Pool is the single best farming tool in League of Legends.
-Nasus can spam Spirit Pool mid lane and not worry about ganks. He can also farm Wraiths, Wolves, Enemy wraiths, and everything else.

So why do people keep going Top? It's because one day someone decided he was a Bruiser Top and everyone is too scared to try something else. AP Nasus makes 10 times the sense in this Meta.

Zoro The Otter

07-27-2012

#1.

ArmChairs

07-27-2012

Got a quadra with AP nasus in aram once.
hue

Enerith

07-27-2012

I play Nasus as AP as well.

BrandonFromLV

07-27-2012

For anyone who cares:

Magic Penetration Reds, Health Yellows, MR Blues, Movespeed Quints/AP Quints/MR Quints

Boots>Chalice>Rylais>Zhonyas>WotA

You Flash in, Ultimate, W the Carry, drop E then hit Zhonyas and AOE everything around you for 2 seconds. Come out and start Qing everything. This build gives you Armor/Health/MR/And another slow.

BrandonFromLV

07-27-2012

Lastly, let me expound on what I mean by the best Farming Tool in the game.

Nasus E lasts just as long as Morgana's W but it has a significantly higher Radius. This means you hit all 6 minions everytime. Nasus can reliably do HIS wraiths, clear mid, and then ENEMY wraiths every 45 seconds and never miss a single CS. 10-12 CS a minute has never been easier.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

AP or Tank, most of your damage comes from Q, which you farmed up. No one plays AD Nasus.

Tyg13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

I... Honestly, it just never really occurred to me, and I don't think it occurred to a lot of people.

I think the only problem that could arise would be if you were up against a Ziggs or Lux or Ahri or someone who can just poke the **** out of you until you have to either die or recall.

Toxinia

07-27-2012

I'm probably going to buy Nasus sometime soon, got any recommended build that I could try out for ap Nasus? All the ones I see rush triforce and get instagibbed because they lack so much everything.

Enerith

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonFromLV View Post
For anyone who cares:

Magic Penetration Reds, Health Yellows, MR Blues, Movespeed Quints/AP Quints/MR Quints

Boots>Chalice>Rylais>Zhonyas>WotA

You Flash in, Ultimate, W the Carry, drop E then hit Zhonyas and AOE everything around you for 2 seconds. Come out and start Qing everything. This build gives you Armor/Health/MR/And another slow.
I prefer gunblade to WotA, and he also needs a lichbane.

1234511 ... 17