Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Mages.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

07-26-2012

Hello !

I'm looking for 2-3 Mages that you guys think are the best. Please if you can explain your answers that would be great. I already own Cass.

Thank you !

thepantsparty

07-26-2012

How many champions do you buy? You make one of these threads every other day.

Unvoicedmercy

07-26-2012

ahri-safe in lane, high mobility, can initiate team fights very easily
ryze- tanky mage, high damage hard to kill, decent cc.
anivia-very rewarding for learning, can control team fights good damage and decent cc, one of the best passives in the game

VanityFish

07-26-2012

malzahar.

buy him, he is the best in every single way and has no downsides what so ever.
anyone who says otherwise is lying to you and doesnt want you to know the secret of being the best ever all the time.

Mungril

07-26-2012

Quote:
thepantsparty:
How many champions do you buy? You make one of these threads every other day.

This doesn't answer the question.

powwder

07-27-2012

ryze
1) his kit makes him build tanky as hell so hes not squishy.
2) he spams spells so doesn;t rely on burst. (veigar throws out his combo, then is useless for a few secs)

morgana
1) shield blocks cc and absorbs ap....can cast it on others.....
2) she farms like a beast with tormented soil (drop soil, walk away to gank top or bot)
3) her passive gives her spell vamp
4) aoe stunning ult
5) she is banned 100% of the time

moundlife

07-27-2012

Lux is pretty strong offensive, but weak defensively. she has a bind, aoe slow/nuke, a small shield, and super ult lazer thing I think she is good against other mids that have small sustain, and you can just nuke them down. One kill and you snowball hard.
This is just from my experience and others i've seen. I haven't seen a lux lose hard in lane tbh.

MeltedWater

07-27-2012

Karthus has an OP ult. So that's why he is the best.

nhart

07-27-2012

My Three Favorites
1. Veigar He has a weak early game as he just tries to farm his Q for the FREE AP but late game he bursts down anyone who isn't a tank. He also one shots enemy mages because his R gives 120% of his ap, which on its own is insane, and 80% of the enemies. Plus who doesn't like an aoe stun on a 12 second cooldown.
2. Karthus his Q ability is easy to farm with once you get the passive regen from his e ability. If you are failing in a game you can just dive the enemy team and keep doing damage for another seven seconds. And of course his supposedly OP ult.
3. Fiddlesticks, not many people like this guy very much anymore but I still think he is fun. I typically play him in the jungle and don't think you even need a pull if you just drain one of the little guys, run away and wait for cooldowns, drain the others, and then take golem. Plus the silence, 2.5 second fear, and epic aoe ultimate make for a pretty good fun mage.

In Sprata

07-27-2012

Karthus because he's Karthus and Twisted Fate because he has a cool hat?