Fiddlesticks Support yes or no?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bob000

07-27-2012

Okay as counterpick to supports that cant break your channel. Youd get wrecked by an alistar or taric though,

strat

07-27-2012

Well, I can see how it would semi-work and unfold decently into late game, however considering this isn't the meta people will frown upon it lol.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

i'd say no his fear is the only good thing about him as a support, his drain is essentially useless aside from maybe healing and trying to harass with ur e will severely push ur lane and is pretty random.

acosn

07-28-2012

In some situations, yes.

You'd virtually have to see blitz, alistar and taric banned any time you wanted to use him though, because they will get picked, and they do wreck fiddle in bottom lane.

But in some situations his fear and then a silence is going to be more than enough to kill a lot of AD carries.

skwerel

08-05-2012

Actually, if you avoid the blitz skill shot and/or get the jump on Alister before he has a chance to charge you, you can effectively shut either of them down for a good 4 seconds by silencing them immediately as fear is wearing off. This *should* be enough time for a decent carry to dispose of them, or at least get them low enough that your drain + the carry can finish them off... particularly if they are bold enough to tower dive you.

I really think fiddle would work better with an AP bruiser on bot... fiddle + vlad! something like that. That way you actually get something out of his passive.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Supportsticks is a lot of fun. I play this.

Saint Nerevar

08-05-2012

I give it a no - according to the meta. I think his greatest potential of course lies with his jungling. That having been said, he would be *terrifically* fun early game offensive support. Running a bit of GP/5 and picking up assists could see you turn into a 'decent' carry later as well, it might leave your team with a bit of a hole as far as defensive focus goes though.

If I was to put a defensive Fiddle out of the hat, would be looking at WoTA, Aegis, Abyssal (so pretty much Aura Fid) with a late Shurelya's, Zhonya's or Randiun's depending on the state of the game. Would definately pick up HoG and Philo Stone though. Boots would either be Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads. I would try to run Armour marks, Gold seals and AP or MR/level glyphs and Gold/HP/AP/Magic Pen quints depending on your taste. Probably spec into gold in Utility and the rest in Defense

Warrrrax

08-06-2012

Its not a matter of 'hating on those breaking the meta'. Its about trying to take a perfectly good champ and cram him into a role that he just isn't suited for.

I already stated perfectly good reasons against it (most common enemy supports can break your drain, fiddle needs farm, has short range, has minimal utility, etc). I havent seen any real counterarguments. Just a bunch of random downvotes and saying "hes fun" and "might help your AD carry hard"(which you can say that about ANY champ playing support).

If you wanna play support fiddle by all means, have fun. The OP questions was 'is it good'? It is not generally good. It IS doable and might be successful. It might be great fun too. But it's not 'good' and definitely not optimal.

Kirielis

08-06-2012

It is plenty good. Fiddlesticks is an aggressive support, and should be played as such with an aggressive lanemate.

Counterarguments:
- when do you seriously use drain when it can be broken? They'd have to be way out of position to do that to you, or maybe you're the one out of position. Not that you use drain in lane a whole lot.
- every champion does well with farm to a greater or lesser extent. The whole point of supports is that they can do well without farm. Between fear and silence, Fiddlesticks has plenty of utility without farming.
- short range? lolwut HI TARIC I APPARENTLY HAVE SHORTER RANGE THAN YOU. Get a better point.
- which part of 3 second fear and bouncing silence do you not understand. Minimal utility, indeed.

It's not AS good as some of the more conventional supports and I don't think anyone's contesting that. Nor is anyone contesting that it's not always, if at all, optimal. But to say it's not good at all, when it clearly is, is going too far in the opposite direction already.

OneMilksteakToGo

08-19-2012

Yes, support Fidd just beat TSM.