Kab's big thread of builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Stop building him as a tank, as he is never able to fill that role?

Basic League of Legends knowledge?

You're also building Phage on both Olaf and Xin Zhao, which means you've either never actually played the champions or haven't read their skills. You're wasting early game potential for an item on two characters who already have AoE permaslows.

AD Nidalee. Warmogs on Cho'Gath. Sunfire Cape before Randuin's Omen Garen.

It seems to me most of these builds are popular and not good. If people wanted to get popular builds, they could get them from other sources, and much more reliably. Sit down and think about them for a few seconds. Why would you build Mordekaiser as a tank? Why would you build AD Nidalee? Why would you rush Frozen Mallet on Olaf?
Ooh.. you're one of thoose people eh, well I hope you don't mind me promptly ignoring you from now on.

Carados

09-18-2010

Excuse me? Do you have a point?

If you want to post builds and don't want people to tell you how terrible they are, post them on a website you own, not a forum you don't own.

You're giving terrible advice to everyone who reads this thread. That makes you a jerk. If you don't want to be a jerk, give good advice.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-18-2010

I don't mind you telling me how terrible my builds are, but I'll ignore you while you do it.

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBolas View Post
I notice Warwick is missing from your build list. I would suggest the following:

R > Q > E > W (put one point in W at level 1 or 2)

Smite + Flash

16-0-14 for masteries

attack speed & armor pen for runes

Long Sword + hp pot
Madred's Razor
Boots of Speed
Madred's Bloodrazor
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Aura / Guardian Angel
Aegis of the Legion (if nobody else on your team is making it) / Guardian Angel / Banshee's Aura
Frozen Mallet
Bloodthirster
I actually make it a rule to test the build before I write it down and I don't actually own Warwick nor have I ever tried him much to my surprsise.

Quote:
For Jax

Ignite + Ghost for summoner spells seems to work about the best.

For masteries, the critical thing to get is the dodge in the defensive tree. Additional move speed upon successful dodge. Good options are 21-9-0 or 0-22-8.

For skills, R > Q > W > E (put one point into E at level 2).

For runes, you might be tempted to go for dodge quints, but don't. You are better off with flat hp quints, he's too squishy at the start.

Reds: Armor pen
Yellows: Dodge
Blues: Cool down reduction
Quints: Flat hp
Thanks again, great help. Added skill build and Jax is the first one to get a mastery build.

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
Excuse me? Do you have a point?

If you want to post builds and don't want people to tell you how terrible they are, post them on a website you own, not a forum you don't own.

You're giving terrible advice to everyone who reads this thread. That makes you a jerk. If you don't want to be a jerk, give good advice.
He's not giving terrible advice. And if you have a better build, post it, he'll analyze it, and if he likes it better, he'll change it. Only one being a jerk here is.. you.

Feel free to make your own thread with builds for every person. I'm pretty happy with this one at the moment, makes it very easy to try out new characters.

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
I actually make it a rule to test the build before I write it down and I don't actually own Warwick nor have I ever tried him much to my surprise.
OMG time for you to donate to Riot Games and buy a Warwick!!

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
Stop building him as a tank, as he is never able to fill that role?

Basic League of Legends knowledge?

You're also building Phage on both Olaf and Xin Zhao, which means you've either never actually played the champions or haven't read their skills. You're wasting early game potential for an item on two characters who already have AoE permaslows.

AD Nidalee. Warmogs on Cho'Gath. Sunfire Cape before Randuin's Omen Garen.

It seems to me most of these builds are popular and not good. If people wanted to get popular builds, they could get them from other sources, and much more reliably. Sit down and think about them for a few seconds. Why would you build Mordekaiser as a tank? Why would you build AD Nidalee? Why would you rush Frozen Mallet on Olaf?
Feel free to post your builds for these guys.

Nothing wrong with going with the "popular" builds. If something comes along that is better.... what do you know, it too will become popular.

Carados

09-18-2010

Quote:
He's not giving terrible advice. And if you have a better build, post it.
I did. He ignored it. Asking about the theoretical frame work underneath the builds is useless because he doesn't understand it, apparently.
Quote:
Nothing wrong with going with the "popular" builds. If something comes along that is better.... what do you know, it too will become popular.
And thus he is giving bad advice, because the builds are bad.

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i don't know what that's supposed to mean exactly, but just as a friendly internet psa: how much a person is a **** to you has nothing to do with how right or wrong they are. it's obvious that he's not sugar coating anything, but the important thing to get from this is that what he's been saying is correct.

when people write guides, it's assumed that the build within is the optimal way of doing something. missing information aside, i don't think there's a single build you posted that is the best way to build that champion under any circumstance. some of them are "safe builds", as in they're generic and will generally not cost your team a game, but looking down that list nothing popped out as a strong build.
Post your list of strong builds please, so that we can compare.

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
I did. He ignored it. Asking about the theoretical frame work underneath the builds is useless because he doesn't understand it, apparently.

And thus he is giving bad advice, because the builds are bad.
Hmm.. I can explain the theoretical framework behind the builds that I recommend on champs I play extensively. Sounds like you can't?