Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Archangels AND Manasuma?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gigmaster

09-09-2010

So, I have a crazy question for everyone. Have you tried pairing Archangels and Manasuma with Strength of Spirit?

I run an outside-the-box jungle build for Eve when I use her, anymore, and I tried a few practice games last night, going (of all things), mana crystal + HP potions. Thanks to masteries and runes (and lots of Q/E spam), and my methodology, I was able to stay just ahead of the 2-man lane exp curve, and I had boots and Manasuma by 14:00. With Q spam and more jungling + a few ganks, I cranked my AD, farmed like hell, and got Archangels by 23:00, putting my AD and AP around 150+. This gave me a lot of respectable power, especially after I threw a Sheen onto me. As an added bonus, my 3/3 in Strength of Spirit gave me stupidly good HP regen (for not having any HP/5 items), and I never had any mana problems. I basically used my E every time it came up, and never ran dry. Ever. When my AP (thanks to ramping up my max mana) overtook my AD, I upgraded to Lich Bane, and started working on a Frozen heart for survivability, maxing my CDR, and more mana.

Thing is, I can't think of many other heroes that pairing both Man and AA on would be effective, apart from Eve. Since her Q is on such a short CD, it's basically like having a second, faster auto-attack, making the damage sources quite evenly split (this also means, incidentally, that it's hard to build resistance items vs. you).

But it's a very *duh* combo. AA gives you mana on spell cast, lots of mana to start with, and more AP based on mana %. Man does the same thing, but for AD. They both buff eachother with max mana gain.

Thoughts?