Just read why I was banned

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroc

Member

07-26-2012

So first of all Id like to say I appreciate that you guys are showing reports on why you actually got banned. However, this ultimately proves my point on how broken the Tribunal actually is. On one of my cases one person wrote

"stole mids cs, went afk for a large part of the game, refused to communicate".

Well lets see how false this statement actually is. First of all I never afked at all in that particular game, the person who reported me was straight up lying about that, probably to make his report "sound" better. Secondly, I never "stole mids cs". If you actually read the chat youd see I state EXACTLY why i went mid. I went mid to "mix it up" because there was a SEVERE lane mismatch bottom and I felt it would be better to have two mid and push it to free up roaming. I did not at all go mid to "steal cs", I did it to help us get a better chance of winning. And lastly, its funny how this guy who reported me said "i failed to communicate", when I clearly stated why I was going to go mid.


Another game reported me again, for being afk, when in fact I was never afk the whole game. This leads me to believe alot of people are lying in their reports to make them "sound better".

Another report with straight up lying going on said "player was extremely negative and harrassing others". This one cracks me up has well for if you actually READ THE CHAT youd see that I was actually MAJORLY harrassed first. When this person harrassed me I said that I would not lane with him and went top. Again I did this to WIN THE GAME. I felt that by going top and not being with a player who harrassed me would be better for the team. However, the top started calling me all sorts of names etc. and I retaliated by calling the people calling me names "aholes".

Maybe I shouldnt of called them aholes but I dont think calling people aholes who really are being aholes constitutes "player was extremely negative and harrassing others".

All this only confirms that people are purposely lying in reports, not actually reading the chat ( my guess is they skin through it without actually reading the whole thing), and people are getting banned for FALSE reports has a result.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-26-2012
1 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroc View Post
So first of all Id like to say I appreciate that you guys are showing reports on why you actually got banned. However, this ultimately proves my point on how broken the Tribunal actually is. On one of my cases one person wrote

"stole mids cs, went afk for a large part of the game, refused to communicate".

Well lets see how false this statement actually is. First of all I never afked at all in that particular game, the person who reported me was straight up lying about that, probably to make his report "sound" better. Secondly, I never "stole mids cs". If you actually read the chat youd see I state EXACTLY why i went mid. I went mid to "mix it up" because there was a SEVERE lane mismatch bottom and I felt it would be better to have two mid and push it to free up roaming. I did not at all go mid to "steal cs", I did it to help us get a better chance of winning. And lastly, its funny how this guy who reported me said "i failed to communicate", when I clearly stated why I was going to go mid.


Another game reported me again, for being afk, when in fact I was never afk the whole game. This leads me to believe alot of people are lying in their reports to make them "sound better".

Another report with straight up lying going on said "player was extremely negative and harrassing others". This one cracks me up has well for if you actually READ THE CHAT youd see that I was actually MAJORLY harrassed first. When this person harrassed me I said that I would not lane with him and went top. Again I did this to WIN THE GAME. I felt that by going top and not being with a player who harrassed me would be better for the team. However, the top started calling me all sorts of names etc. and I retaliated by calling the people calling me names "aholes".

Maybe I shouldnt of called them aholes but I dont think calling people aholes who really are being aholes constitutes "player was extremely negative and harrassing others".

All this only confirms that people are purposely lying in reports, not actually reading the chat ( my guess is they skin through it without actually reading the whole thing), and people are getting banned for FALSE reports has a result.
Link your report card so we can debate it ;p You are giving one perspective. Maybe your perspective is right. But by introducing the actual report card system, it allows us to all look at it and assess the validity of your argument -- if you are right, you are right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-26-2012
2 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Link your report card so we can debate it ;p You are giving one perspective. Maybe your perspective is right. But by introducing the actual report card system, it allows us to all look at it and assess the validity of your argument -- if you are right, you are right.
+15!!

I would love to see "reform card" too!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Has anyone noticed that not a single person has linked their report card since its inception?

Maybe they just want to avoid posting something that might make people "get the wrong idea" about how they were banned xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroc

Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Link your report card so we can debate it ;p You are giving one perspective. Maybe your perspective is right. But by introducing the actual report card system, it allows us to all look at it and assess the validity of your argument -- if you are right, you are right.
Since I dont know how to link my reports AND all the reports are not showing up for some reason Ill give you the case # of the one in question.

5605092

Has you can see i went 3/3 and went mid to not only help our mid from getting slammed (he was getting pushed back hard and 1/4) , but to get away from a "support" Leona who was actually harassing me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawGiver500

Senior Member

07-26-2012

*cough* sh-- just got real cards are running hot now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phrixscreoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-26-2012

It's normally accepted by supporters of tribunal (including the Reds) that their behavior doesn't excuse your own.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-26-2012
3 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroc View Post
Since I dont know how to link my reports AND all the reports are not showing up for some reason Ill give you the case # of the one in question.

5605092

Has you can see i went 3/3 and went mid to not only help our mid from getting slammed (he was getting pushed back hard and 1/4) , but to get away from a "support" Leona who was actually harassing me.
This is the format of the URL for your case:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5605092/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killrazor

Senior Member

07-26-2012

"I called people ###holes, i shouldn't be banned cause they called me that first....."

worst argument ever.

also you called them aholes, d#$%s, dbags etc.... LOL...

All you had to that game was /ignore them...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-26-2012
4 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroc View Post
Since I dont know how to link my reports AND all the reports are not showing up for some reason Ill give you the case # of the one in question.

5605092

Has you can see i went 3/3 and went mid to not only help our mid from getting slammed (he was getting pushed back hard and 1/4) , but to get away from a "support" Leona who was actually harassing me.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5605092/

Interesting bug on game two, will investigate.

Anyway, I feel like this is pretty clear.

Maybe they said nonsense to you before game, but you came out with guns blazing and went after your teammates until they retaliated. Also, you got a permaban -- that means you've had this happen a bunch of times before, at least a warning and 2 other bans before this -- so, you clearly have not made a lot of effort to modify your behavior if you are going to this extreme at the start of the game.


1234511 ... 16