Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dracula on Welfare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phaedred

09-09-2010

So I am working on playing Vlad, but so far it has been very painful.
I have been playing only 3v3 to get used to him so keep that in mind.

Early game is a huge problem.
I am taking the standard AP set up with a tome to start with Ignite and Ghost spells. But whether I am alone in a lane or with a team mate, I am unable to get decent money. Just about any champ has their way with me because my Q just doesn't heal me enough and I am super easy to kill so I am always on the defensive or running. Plus, my regular damage skill sucks and I have trouble getting the killing blow on creeps.

By mid game I am so far in the hole that I have no hps and no real AP. I'm either running or dying. Should I try to jungle to start or something (can you do that in 3s?)?

I'm at a loss.

FYI....I have only been playing for about 2 weeks and am only lvl 12, so go easy on the flames please.

Harbin

09-09-2010

I would suggest playing 5v5 instead. See, vlad becomes extremely powerful(ly annoying) at level 9. In TT, it's a lot easier to organize and throw out ganks to stunt the growth of heroes.

I suggest leveling Q whenever possible, put one point into W, and the rest of your points into E. E is a ridiculously good farming tool. If you're still having trouble farming, I suggest hanging back, Q-ing minions. Remember that if you can actually kill them, that's good. But if you survive and gather gold up while fighting a war of attrition, you can win easily by 7-9. I once again strongly recommend playing 5v5 in order to utilize his strengths, rather than trying to gank with an underfed vlad.

Also ask me for advice on vlad tomorrow when it's not 4 AM for me. Tossed you a friend invite.

Phaedred

09-09-2010

Thanks!