Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it possible to turn Miss Fortune during ult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Scorpio

09-09-2010

I played a game with her last night and she's a fun champ. Just curious though as to whether she can be turned while channeling ult? I had a situation where I ulted someone upclose and they basically just ran behind me. There were also cases where I ulted a group of players and the ones on the outskirts of my cone were able to strafe to safety.

Is there a way to turn her without breaking the channel? In Diablo 2 you could rotate your champion by holding down a key to prevent movement while circling your mouse around your character.

No other champion has a channeled cone ult.

Redenbacher

09-09-2010

No other champion that channels can move while channeling... I'm not sure why she should be the exception. Positioning and timing should be rewarded, and when misperformed, should be punished, as you experienced.

Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike, while not an ultimate, is a channeled cone. You can evade that in the same way.

SilentWhisper

09-09-2010

she is very team dependent as she has no CC (aside from make it rain slow) and no escapeability so having someone who can lock the other team in place is invalable for her (amumu ult, singed slow, malf charge etc).

Mr Scorpio

09-09-2010

Quote:
No other champion that channels can move while channeling... I'm not sure why she should be the exception.

The difference is that her channel is not a 360 degree aoe. Kat's ult spins around and hits targets around her. Nunu's ult slows and damages targets around him, same with Galio. These champions don't need to move during their channels because they are already affecting everyone around them regardless of the direction they are facing. I'm not asking to move from her current position, but only to rotate her for optimum coverage.

Perhaps she doesn't NEED to be able to turn around, but it would certainly make the ability more effective.

jokull

09-09-2010

Quote:
Mr Scorpio:
The difference is that her channel is not a 360 degree aoe. Kat's ult spins around and hits targets around her. Nunu's ult slows and damages targets around him, same with Galio. These champions don't need to move during their channels because they are already affecting everyone around them regardless of the direction they are facing. I'm not asking to move from her current position, but only to rotate her for optimum coverage.

Perhaps she doesn't NEED to be able to turn around, but it would certainly make the ability more effective.

you seem to be conveniently forgetting about any champ that has a channeled ability that isnt in a perfect circle. fiddle targets where he goes after the channel, but cant change direction in the middle of his channel, and ez can't either. pantheon cant change the location of where his ult drops in while he channels, and allowing him to do so would be fixi.... oh wait. that would fix nothing, it would just be op, free 1k damage from anywhere and insta stun heartseeker. its a channeled spell, you pick a direction and stick to it. it makes it more risk and reward, and frankly if you cant pick the right moment to pop it to keep enemies in it then you should pick an easier hero

Siky

09-09-2010

At least Fiddle can adjust with Flash >_>

NsX Rust

Recruiter

09-09-2010

Quote:
Siky:
At least Fiddle can adjust with Flash >_>

You can adjust your positioning with flash before using that ult too.

Hiclic

09-09-2010

Not sure if you checked the absolutely wicked range and spread on MF's ult. Position yourself next time. If the opponents are getting on your face and you're deciding to ult it will not go over well.

Devious Rogue

09-09-2010

Perhaps a bigger cone but I haven't seen her in action to see if she does enough damage. As it is though, I think her things is "Big Nuke, but needs teamwork to use". You need someone to hold them down before blasting them, maybe a little more range but that's still the point. Just as is with all other heroe's ults, once they start, they can't stop and change direction in the middle or else it'd be OP.

gun fu panda

09-09-2010

Volley shaped Kat ult.

She's fine.