Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What characters scale really well by level

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brblahblah

09-09-2010

I've been thinking a lot about if a group with Zilean and who all spec for the bonus xp through masteries and runes. This group could have as much as a 19% experience bonus over the other team (but realistically closer to 6-11% more depending on how much the other team utilizes their runes/masteries towards a similar goal).

What group composition would you create for TT and SR to maximize this advantage and why?

I imagine with the right group composition it would make for a potentially easy way for one team to snowball and gain quite a fair edge throughout the game in team fights, jungling/map control, and pushing.

Ive only been playing for about a month but really liked Udyr and Nidalee. Nidalee has a reputation for being dominant mid game as soon as she gets her cougar form, and Udyr seems like he would gain a large advantage with a 1-2 lvl lead.

So my first thoughts are for TT at least Zilean, Udyr, and Nidalee.

Whats everyone else's thoughts? has this been attempted creating a full group of people who spec for increased xp?

FireFa11

09-09-2010

Not sure how well it would work. My candidates would be nukers- each level is 60-75 more damage. Annie, Ryze, Anivia, Veigar, Akali, Karthus, Vlad etc. Garen would also be beast and could fill the role of tank. Twisted Fate would also be a good candidate because Destiny while enemies are still level 3 is a guaranteed kill.

HanzGruber

09-09-2010

Mord, Annie, Zilean, Amumu, and Warwick. You'll want to down outter turrets as quickly as possible and end the laning phase before their carries can farm up. Then push mid hard. Fortunately, Amumu and Mord are great for tower diving, which will let Annie and Zilean move in and clean up. Warwick should move in last so that he can use his attack speed buff and let you push the turrets over with some speed.

Focus your entire team on mpen excepting Warwick, he's going to need cheap attack, so maybe wriggles lantern and brutalizer instead of his usual bloodrarazor. The key to making the team work will be winning by 30 minutes before the other team catches up in levels.

AdricGod

09-09-2010

A few things to look at for this type of team in SR:

1. You want champions who inherently have difficulty farming early on, but are still highly respected as viable.
2. You want champions who farm flawlessly in lanes, every gp counts.
3. You may want champions who cause your opponents to NOT get gp, so they cannot overcome your level difference with items.

My 5-man team would be:

Morgana, Vlad, Garen, Alistar, Kat

Alistar could be replaced with Rammus, but Alistar is better earlier.
Kat could be replaced with any high burst character, but I chose her to deny with her throwing knife

I would have Vlad solo mid, Kat/Alistar and Morgana/Garen on the sides.

However notice that Zilean is not in that list. If anything you probably would replace Vlad with Zilean and let Kat or Morgana solo mid... But Vlad's transfusion on levels alone is dominating.

*edit* Sorry I meant SR, not TT