Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can you counter Nasus at 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shirlina

11-08-2009

What champion is best when it comes to fighting 1v1 with Nasus?

Highborne

Recruiter

11-08-2009

Buy executioner's calling.

Laugh in his face.

Flakes

11-08-2009

Gangplank's passive acts like executioner's I think. Don't think it stacks, but I'm not sure (if it does it's an EXCELLENT item for gangplank)

Bait

Recruiter

11-08-2009

m├ędico world.

11-09-2009

Wait for his slow, Cleanse, run. Haha, Nasus. You just wasted an ult. What an idiot.

Xailion

Recruiter

11-09-2009

I usually have a good success against Nasty Nasus with the Heimerdinger. Nasus's AoE doesn't do enough to drop well placed turrets quickly, until it is like 4-5 I believe, unless you didn't level your turrets. Combine this with Rally/Heal or a Soraka and they don't go anywhere. Use the stun grenade to your advantage, and if you think they will push in at any time, make sure you its off cooldown, so you can stun them in turret range.

Alistar is another easy way to counter him for my playstyle. Spamming Roar with a Tear of the Goddess, and an Innervating Locket makes for great lane control. Coupled with his pulverize and 1 point in headbutt, Nasus will be pressed.

I'm sure that many ranged heroes with CC/Escapes would be fine as well. Like Trist's rocket jump, Corki's Valkyrie, or Ashe's Enchanted(?) Arrow. Mushroom's also come to mind.

Then there is always the Cho'gath factor. Rods + Rupture + Silence + Nom nom nom usually equals fair amount of win

Jothki

11-09-2009

I've found that as Mundo, Nasus really can't do anything to me. His AoE and his damage boost can be mostly laughed off thanks to the high health and regeneration.

Zaouron

11-09-2009

AP Sion build. Once your shield hits lvl 3 and you have ~50 AP (sheen + sorc boots usually for starters) you can drop a full group of minions with a single use. Then just mosey on past his little AOE.

If he is being saucy and pushing hard just push the front of the line and throw a stun at him.

I can usually outplay Nasus, though i dont know if i've come up against any really good Nasus players yet. I'd say I'm average/above average with AP Sion (he's so much fun).

Maleagant

Recruiter

11-10-2009

Exhaust or any champ with a blind really puts a cramp in Nasus' style..... Not hitting = Not Life tapping = Not winning.

AFKray

11-11-2009

Here's a step by step guide to beat Nasus in a 1v1.

Step 1: Buy Merc's treads
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit.

For reals, Merc's just makes wither a joke and all you need to do is run away from his ult and then focus him down when you know it's on cooldown. Force him to blow a soul fire and move out, then beat him down as usual. The real threat he poses is his Wither + Ult combo. He is able to rack up tons of damage fast which makes his Siphon Strike hit significantly harder. Oh, and +armor items make him quite the useless one, that and blade mail.