Low FPS after patch

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waldgeist

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
Does it kind of play fine, but spike badly whenever fighting or abilities are used?
That's what I see, too. It also spikes when opening the store.

Sideswing

09-09-2010

a quick fix for anyone having this problem, as i am to having to do this everygame.

start LoL air client.
open task manager
right click Lolclient.exe
set priority to low

the lagg goes away after that, i'm not sure if we should be doing this but it works. that or close it down after you open a game, but setting to low before yous tart matches is a better idea. again jsut a quick fix, as we cannot shortcut the exe to start on low priority and have to manually do it everytime. hope this helps!!

EDIT: the problem is their AIR client chewing down your cpu when it runs idle while matches start. i don't understand it... but yeah...

CnB84

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswing View Post
a quick fix for anyone having this problem, as i am to having to do this everygame.

start LoL air client.
open task manager
set priority to low

the lagg goes away after that, i'm not sure if we should be doing this but it works. that or close it down after you open a game, but setting to low before yous tart matches is a better idea. again jsut a quick fix, as we cannot shortcut the exe to start on low priority and have to manually do it everytime. hope this helps!!

EDIT: the problem is their AIR client chewing down your cpu when it runs idle while matches start. i don't understand it... but yeah...
That worked, thanks.

So if it's an AIR Client problem, why isn't it effecting everyone? Why is it happening now with the patch?

ProbablyTerribad

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswing View Post

start LoL air client.
open task manager
set priority to low

I tried setting mine to low, it didn't fix it. Closing it caused my game to crash.

Zjadacz Mrowek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyTerribad View Post
I tried setting mine to low, it didn't fix it. Closing it caused my game to crash.
You closed lolclient.exe using the task manager and the game still crashed, right?

Sideswing

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyTerribad View Post
that's odd. i can close Lolclient and my game does not crash, i stay in the match. the downside to closing Lolclient is that you don't get to see post-game stats.

i'm not sure why it isn't working for you, maybe there is another problem to your fps issue. do you play fullscreen? or window? if it's fullscreen the LeagueofLegends client(the game itself, the match) will take over your cpu and ***** slap down the Lolclient. if it's window mode i'm not too sure. but again it was a quick fix for me, and most people most likely too. sorry about your issues still occuring.

Sideswing

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
That worked, thanks.

So if it's an AIR Client problem, why isn't it effecting everyone? Why is it happening now with the patch?
not too sure about that. i'm on windows xp, maybe that's the problem. but i doubt it. the air client itself is laggy/buggy, so yeah. it could be a hardware/OS problem, but i don't see how that would affect only some of us and not others.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

seriously. i bought a GeForce 210 w/1GB onboard Memory. I have 4 GB of Ram, and over 500 GB of HD space unused. I dont have a Dual-Core processor, but then again, I never needed one to have a stellar looking game before.

It should be able to run the AIR client and the game with ease. I'm goign to try reinstalling the game as the current fixes for this issue seem farfetched and unreasonable to me.

Edit: League of Legends doesn't have an Uninstaller? How do I safely remove it?

Sideswing

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurreal View Post
seriously. i bought a GeForce 210 w/1GB onboard Memory. I have 4 GB of Ram, and over 500 GB of HD space unused. I dont have a Dual-Core processor, but then again, I never needed one to have a stellar looking game before.

It should be able to run the AIR client and the game with ease. I'm goign to try reinstalling the game as the current fixes for this issue seem farfetched and unreasonable to me.

Edit: League of Legends doesn't have an Uninstaller? How do I safely remove it?
add and remove programs.

also, how fast is your dual core? dual core or not the AIR client is a hungry beast.

Xurreal

09-09-2010

Now the Launcher experiences an error in the middle of its updates. So it looks like i'm unable to play until this new problem is fixed. So DO NOT uninstall League of Legends. If you're new, you wont be able to install it for a bit.

This is pretty darn frustrating, and I'm willing to bet Riot Staff feels the same way...

12345612 ... 16