Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does normal 3s have matchmaking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orenin

07-25-2012

Just curious if this mode has balanced matchmaking like 5s though. This isn't a rant about my team because practically everyone that plays 3s does these things(that I play with).

Whenever I play this mode, I notice, forinstance, that in a lane, people mash through minion waves even if they are losing the lane, which results in them dying trying to get farm. More often than not, they do not even bother to try and last hit, but instead act like they are super minions or something. 75% of the time people do not buy wards. If one person has wriggles, jungle is left unwarded. Many times in Solo Q I see people picking rediculous champions(vayne?), or not bothering to look at what the team needs.

I might have glaring flaws in some other area(maybe?), or....idk.

OnlyBotLane

07-25-2012

Yes it does. Otherwise there wouldnt be queues.

Orenin

07-26-2012

Quote:
OnlyBotLane:
Yes it does. Otherwise there wouldnt be queues.

I mean balanced matchmaking, sorry for not being clear. Im surprised you couldn't tell from reading the post though...

Anyways i edited it.

OnlyBotLane

07-26-2012

No I mean if there was no matchmaking you would be put in a game pretty much instantly. With people who are anywhere from 800 elo to 1900. However some games I have to wait 10-20 minutes plus and I never get matched against complete baddies. So by yes because there are queues I mea nt yes because there are queue times.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

07-26-2012

The last I heard from a Red reply was roughly 10 months ago, he had mentioned that in TT, the matchmaking primarily shoots for averaging the players via the total games won, then by their hidden ELO. As such, as a player who has over 1k wins, about 85% of the games I play are versus (and with) other players who also have over 1k wins on their record. Occasionally, I will end up playing with people who have less than say 500 wins, but usually it is because they either are insanely good, or the queue is neigh empty. As far as I know, ranked ELO will not factor into your normal hidden ELO, as I am unranked in 3v3, yet played a game versus BaBeeQ yesterday anyway (who is over 2k ELO if people did not know).

Due to it matching you via total wins primarily, you will often have extremely randomly skilled players to play with in solo queue. They could be great or outright feeders; it is quite the gamble usually.

Koldheartedjsp

07-26-2012

yes it does. 3s just has a very small pool of players so as you go up in normal rating you're more and more likely to see the same players

OnlyBotLane

07-26-2012

Quote:
Gabriel Logan:
The last I heard from a Red reply was roughly 10 months ago, he had mentioned that in TT, the matchmaking primarily shoots for averaging the players via the total games won, then by their hidden ELO. As such, as a player who has over 1k wins, about 85% of the games I play are versus (and with) other players who also have over 1k wins on their record. Occasionally, I will end up playing with people who have less than say 500 wins, but usually it is because they either are insanely good, or the queue is neigh empty. As far as I know, ranked ELO will not factor into your normal hidden ELO, as I am unranked in 3v3, yet played a game versus BaBeeQ yesterday anyway (who is over 2k ELO if people did not know).

Due to it matching you via total wins primarily, you will often have extremely randomly skilled players to play with in solo queue. They could be great or outright feeders; it is quite the gamble usually.

Yeah pretty much this. I don't remember the last time i was matched up with anyone below 1000 wins. Sometimes even see 2000+