Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


do skills that deal physical damage work with life steal?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior

Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
One other thing to note: abilities that _are_ on hit effects, such as Teemo's Toxic Shot, apply neither life steal nor spell vamp. (The 'basic' portion of the basic attack will still benefit from life steal, but the extra damage from his E will not.)


However, some abilities which are caused by an autoattack, e.g. Vorpal spikes, will proc spell vamp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

Senior Member

07-26-2012

A special note is Smite, Wriggles, and True damage. (Mostly regarding Olaf)

One of olafs abilities (I think W?) Increases life steal and spell vamp by a %. At first look the spell vamp is useless as he is an AD melee champ. However the passive proc of Wriggles AND Smite are counted as spellvamp. This is why a jungle olaf has so much sustain.

True damage is neither effected by life steal or spell vamp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
A special note is Smite, Wriggles, and True damage. (Mostly regarding Olaf)

One of olafs abilities (I think W?) Increases life steal and spell vamp by a %. At first look the spell vamp is useless as he is an AD melee champ. However the passive proc of Wriggles AND Smite are counted as spellvamp. This is why a jungle olaf has so much sustain.

True damage is neither effected by life steal or spell vamp


No, wriggles proc does not proc spellvamp.

Once again, the damage type of the ability used does not matter. Not all true damage procs spellvamp but some does. Ahri's orb of deception, for example, and i believe cho'gaths feast does. Wiki tells me olaf's e does altho i doubt that for some reason. And smite is true damage FYI


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Check your champion's wikia page, in the "abilities" part there will be a lot of information about each one, and it will tell if it benefits from spell vamp or life steal, if it procs on hit effects, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-26-2012

Pretty sure Olaf's E procs spell vamp, as my understanding is that's why a lot of people say to use W before E, as it gives you some of the health back from the cost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deventhor

Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
mambawarrior:
However, some abilities which are caused by an autoattack, e.g. Vorpal spikes, will proc spell vamp


Good to know. So vorpal blades effectively make use of both lifesteal and spellvamp?
_______________

Also, If I may, I'd like to ask a few questions about Varus' compatibility with LS and SV:

1) Does the bonus magic damage caused by his blighted quiver (including any bonus damage gained from AP) get included in lifesteal calculations?

2) His Q and E spells deal physical damage, yet as I undersand it, they will proc spellvamp, am I correct?

3) Does spellvamp include damage dealt from the detonation of blight-stacks in it's calculation?

Cheers, guys


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LowlyingLemur

Senior Member

09-21-2012

1) No. Source:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/On-hit_effect#Damage_Modifiers_.E2.80.94_Non-Physical

2) Yes. Source:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Varus_the_Arrow_of_Retribution/Ability_Details

3) No. Same source as 2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeanschyso

Senior Member

09-21-2012

btw smite does proc spellvamp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deventhor

Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
LowlyingLemur:
1) No. Source:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/On-hit_effect#Damage_Modifiers_.E2.80.94_Non-Physical

2) Yes. Source:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Varus_the_Arrow_of_Retribution/Ability_Details

3) No. Same source as 2


Many thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
QcGS Jeanschyso:
btw smite does proc spellvamp


did you even read the thread


12