[Lore update] omg, Leona is tank Kayle now? DO NOT WANT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

07-25-2012

Srsly, I'm sort of worried about the upcoming lore update.

Leona saves puppies and orphans. Leona doesn't persecute heretics. Leona isn't tank Kayle.

If Leona did a bad thing to Diana a long time ago, then she should say sorry and buy her something nice.

Or maybe Diana was sacrificing orphans and puppies to the moon god. Then Leona would've opened a can. For the orphans and puppies. Parrot hatchlings too.

In conclusion, if if Riot makes Leona into tank Kayle, then there will be teers. Lots of teers, and no sun to dry them ever again.

EDIT: Update, you guys! Hax!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
I will note that you are correct on (at least) one thing: the Chosen of the Sun and Chosen of the Moon depicted in the mural are not Leona and Diana, but their ancient predecessors.
EDIT: Moar info, you guyz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
She is contemplative and appropriately detached. She is a tragic figure but a triumphant one. Her story is one of defiance, perseverance, exile, validation and surrender. She is not vapid, nor shallow, nor simple. She is elegant yet vicious. She is not hateful, she is determined.

She has been a challenge on all fronts as she is not typical. She is very much influenced by Eastern tropes of surrendering one's self via tragedy and gaining something extraordinary. Diana though, unlike traditional characters out for "revenge", has sought acceptance only to find rejection. She is someone we can relate to on that level.
Ok, so... I think we need to wait on the lore. This doesn't sound like anyone Leona would want to harm at all. I mean, Leona's whole story is, "the Sun wanted them all to be nice, but they didn't know/care about that, so they were gonna kill Leona, and then the Sun was like, 'no u! This chick is awesome! What's wrong with u???'" The Rakkor/Solari claim to worship the Sun, but basically they're a bunch of bigoted morons. I think Leona should give Diana a cupcake and they should be friends. (Benefits optional.) The end.

EDIT: Update: Taking some initiative here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Boycott the Iron Solari Skin, as a matter of lore.

Given the Solari order's recent and ongoing troubling and intolerant behaviors, it simply doesn't make sense as a matter of lore for Leona to continue to identify as a member of their order.

Leona has always identified first and foremost as a Defender, and this is why the Sun chose her. The Solari cult claimed her afterward only because they mistakenly consider themselves the arbiters of its will. It makes roughly zero sense lore-wise for Leona to continue on as a Solari, given the direction they are going in lately.

Leona has left the Solari, and now belongs to The Happy Sun Club. Join today. Don't go summoning some impostor in inquisitor's gear. Summon Leona... the REAL Leona. Defender Leona.

Sever the tie. Remember your calling. Go Defender. (Or classic. Or Valkyrie if you like red underwear.)

(You can buy the Locket in-game if you really have to, but make a sadface in /all chat if you do. Consider Randuin's instead. For the orphans.)

Fallen Virtue

07-25-2012

Or it could be vengeance against the Solari order and not Leona personally....?

Hell it could just be warring factions. This game needs more of those anyway.

smokey5430

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

How do you know that's leona in the sneak peek?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

07-25-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Virtue View Post
Or it could be vengeance against the Solari order and not Leona personally....?.
That sounds plausible.

Justlnfinite

07-25-2012

The Solari does not persecuted them. (I believe.)

From what the sneak peek says, I gather that the people of the moon simply have methods and ideals that don't really agree with those of the people of the sun. They don't fight to protect, but see it as the only means to the end that everyone wants. The part about vengeance, however, leaves much to be curious about.

MTaur

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey5430 View Post
How do you know that's leona in the sneak peek?
I thought maybe her clothes were unique to the Chosen of the Sun or something. If not, I guess that makes sense. I guess it doesn't really say whether it's a mass uniform or not. Sure looks like her, though. :-/

Monoxidé

07-25-2012

Isn't Diana disgraced because Leona refused to fight her in the duel? seems like a valid reason to choose the moon.

There fixt

MTaur

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoxidé View Post
Isn't Diana disgraced because Leona refused to kill her in the duel? seems like a valid reason to choose the moon
Holy ****, this makes a ton of sense. kthx, hope you're right.

Ask Nidalee

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoxidé View Post
Isn't Diana disgraced because Leona refused to kill her in the duel? seems like a valid reason to choose the moon
Read her judgment, please.

MTaur

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nidalee View Post
Read her judgment, please.
ffffffffuuuuuu......

***/name change? :-/