Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top Lane Counter list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

Recruiter

08-09-2012

Um Trundle is a hard counter to Yorick. The death of his ghouls sustain Trundle just as much as they sustain Yorick not to mention the minion deaths healing Trundle as well.

Drewbiedew

09-06-2012

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:

The only counters i know to rumble are AD kennen (the stuns and continuous dmg) morde (as long as he is in lane), lee sin (the mobility and shield kill him), and yorick (slow, sustain, ghouls block skill shot).

I don't think Morde is a Rumble counter. As Rumble you can easily zone him out. Just deny him the shield and farm, by throwing flames and harpoons in his face when he tries to go anywhere near the minions. Morde also has no cc either, so makes it real difficult for him to get the killing blow on ya. If anything Rumble counters Morde, tbh.

Snéaky Hank

09-23-2012

Olaf definitely counters Tryndamere as well

Necroing

09-29-2012

Hi,
I main Yorick and I have to say I found 3 of the best counters.
I only play dominion and 3v3 twisted treeline since summoner's rift takes too long.
Counters: Cho'gath, Trundle, Udyr
Cho'gath-(passive) Carnivore. Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he recovers 32 + (2 × level) health and 3.25 + (0.25 × level) mana. This works on Yorick's ghouls and I found they do nothing to him.
Trundle-(passive) Decompose. Whenever an enemy unit near Trundle dies, he heals for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6% of their maximum health. This works on Yorick's ghouls as well outsustaining him.
Udyr-(W) Turtle Stance. Udyr gains a shield that absorbs damage for 5 seconds or until it has absorbed the full amount of damage. This works on Yorick's ghouls it absorbs all their damage.
As Yorick I have found that I can never finish off these champions since I release my ghouls but they just heal back after killing them, which results in those champions coming after me.
These counters weren't that strong pre-nerf however after Yorick got nerfed with a longer cd on his abilities and higher mana cost on his w and e these champions definitely destroy him now. If you don't agree with me feel free to 1v1 me and use any of those 3 and I'll get destroyed.
-Ash

Necroing

09-29-2012

Hi,
Another two champions I have found to counter Yorick after his major nerf are Renekton and Riven.
Riven(w)- Stuns Yorick and she can just spam her q and get away from ghouls with e.
Renekton(e)-Dashes towards Yorick and you just use your w to stun and q to deal extra damage.
These champions work well against Yorick and I've died many times against them both.
-Ash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5nwl04WHc&feature=plcp

kimmuriell9

10-20-2012

Is it possible for you to do this type of list for a mid and later on a jungle? this really helps me with top and the mid a nd jungle on my team would like one for their lanes. I would really appreciate if you could do that for me

braseeker

10-20-2012

Teemo- every champion counter teemo,
Stats show that teemo die 75 times every second world wide. XD

METZman

10-20-2012

Copy, paste, save. All into my notepad thanks a lot dude!

phatmonkey91

10-22-2012

Quote:
braseeker:
Teemo- every champion counter teemo,
Stats show that teemo die 75 times every second world wide. XD

My guess is that everyone and their mother plays teemo, and most are sooo bad at it its not even funny.

Anyway I would add singed as a counter to volibear, trydny, olaf and jax All these champs are very chase heavy and singed loves to be chased all day and all night. Would also take vlad off the counter list for singed becuase hes damage is nothing early game which is when you want to harrass the hell outta singed and wen mid game comes around, when vlad has some potency hes gonna have a hard as hell time to drop a singed.

I would also add kayle as a counter to singed as her e has hella range and can easily chase a singed without running into the poison and its got such a short cooldown that she can zone him even outta the xp gaining area.

King Kappa

10-22-2012

lolcounter.com