Top Lane Counter list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKCC View Post
kayle - malphite, pantheon, yorick
how malphite is kayle counter?
I think Kayle can take him easily with high magic damage and ranged.
Kayle doesn't have high magic damage. Her Q is magic and scales well with AP, but the single-target magic damage portion of her E scales very poorly with AP. Because of this she's normally built as an AD carry to maximize her damage, and Malphite counters AD carries well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

07-26-2012

How is volibear rumble counter. Volibear has no CC that he can get to rumble with. And is SO easily kited especially by rumble. A 90% slow and a speed boost volibear cant get near rumble to counter him.

The only counters i know to rumble are AD kennen (the stuns and continuous dmg) morde (as long as he is in lane), lee sin (the mobility and shield kill him), and yorick (slow, sustain, ghouls block skill shot).

I main rumble and NEVER have had a problem with voli or xin. The way ppl build xin now is comical full ad no defense but i guess a veteran xin with a good build would be nice. Rumbles flame burns through knockups and his amazing slow keeps melee champs away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleChooops

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
How is volibear rumble counter. Volibear has no CC that he can get to rumble with. And is SO easily kited especially by rumble. A 90% slow and a speed boost volibear cant get near rumble to counter him.

The only counters i know to rumble are AD kennen (the stuns and continuous dmg) morde (as long as he is in lane), lee sin (the mobility and shield kill him), and yorick (slow, sustain, ghouls block skill shot).

I main rumble and NEVER have had a problem with voli or xin. The way ppl build xin now is comical full ad no defense but i guess a veteran xin with a good build would be nice. Rumbles flame burns through knockups and his amazing slow keeps melee champs away.
i put volibear because, when used right, his throw can help you avoid a lot of rumbles magic damage, and in case you still manage to lose a trade, his ridiculous passive. hes not the best pick but i felt he was a strong pick none the less. however i do agree with taking xin off the list because as you said, most xins these days are pathetic face rollers and the ones who arent would still have trouble just getting close to you.
also thanks for the counters you mentioned, im def gonna update my list with a couple of those and put it up after i make a couple more changes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone SilverWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-07-2012

you didn't mention that tryn counters yorik hard because yorik's minions activate tryn's passive, so it's like he's healing tryn 24/7 :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wCp Poseidon

Member

08-07-2012

I disagree with the udyr/xin as counters on yorick. Riven and cho can but it isn't really a counter. Yorick is a sleeper op. I keep him on the dl so he doesnt get the fotm nerf


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wCp Poseidon

Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone SilverWolf View Post
you didn't mention that tryn counters yorik hard because yorik's minions activate tryn's passive, so it's like he's healing tryn 24/7 :P
Tryn gets wrecked by yorick. tryns heals don't heal enough to keep up with yoricks sustain


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone SilverWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-08-2012

I've beaten every single Yorik i've countered top by tryn.. no idea what you've seen, but as i've noticed about most tryn players, they don't know how to play the champ. With tryn you don't need every CS, you just need to make sure you don't feed and farm to late game. After your first zeal-vamp-BF yorik can do nothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0nkeyM4n

Senior Member

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianSlaya View Post
how does olaf counter udyr?

True damage> udyr turtle. Also when olaf loses health he gains attack speed and with w gains more life steal. Also if olaf has ult up udyr cant stun him. And olaf's axe is deadly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glenn Quagmire

Member

08-08-2012

How does Jax counter tryn?? i mean maybe if he gets an early gank he can rolfstomp him but as a tryn main i dont think jax can beat tryn head on? Yes late game but still


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iink to the past

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1utch M4ster View Post
How does Jax counter tryn?? i mean maybe if he gets an early gank he can rolfstomp him but as a tryn main i dont think jax can beat tryn head on? Yes late game but still
Trynd is a right click to win champion. Jax's E dodges all auto-attacks.