How to counter Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibeatursnipr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

I was curious as to if anyone knows of a solid counter to Galio in the mid lane. He has a natural advantage based on the fact he gains AP from his MR.

MiSoSexi

07-25-2012

Always Harass, I play Ziggs alot, and I use his q alot, every time he comes back, I just throw another bomb at him.

CDN Deadshot

07-25-2012

I'm not very experienced in counters but i think vayne might be good she is a great mid does amazing harrass plus she uses ad making his mr usless against her

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

To counter Galio, you must shut his early game down. Most of the mid lane champions have ranged attack, which is AD, and exceptionally good at harassing a melee Galio. Just remember to dodge side way after the attack to avoid his skills.

On the other hand, AD champions counter him quite good, with the best counter as Talon.

Amoc

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
To counter Galio, you must shut his early game down. Most of the mid lane champions have ranged attack, which is AD, and exceptionally good at harassing a melee Galio. Just remember to dodge side way after the attack to avoid his skills.

On the other hand, AD champions counter him quite good, with the best counter as Talon.
I would say that Galio mid is sort of like Yorick top. There's very few standard 'counters' to him and he's pretty much going to free farm against you. He's very unlikely to actually kill you unless you're dumb, but he's probably going to force you to B at least once or twice.

As for harrassing Galio with auto attacks, I really can't see that working all that well. If you're close enough to auto attack him, you're too close to dodge his Q (it travels REALLY fast), and early game it HURTS.

Amaltron

07-26-2012

Pick an ad champion or pick someone with sustain and harass.