Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vayne Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serendipity29

07-25-2012

I love to play Vayne. She is my main, by far. I have been experimenting with builds for her, but I was wondering what strategies people had for building Vayne.

My build is boots and three health pots at beginning. Then, I build a BF Sword and then Berserker's Greaves. For early build, I often see people build two doran's, instead of going right into a BF. Reasons behind that? Is it more efficient/a better strategy for early game?

Anyway, I build an Infinity edge first, then building zeal into a phantom dancer. Here is my second question. I will either build a black cleaver or a bloodthirster next. Most of the time, I build Black Cleaver first, but many people tell me to go Bloodthirster. What's the advantage/disadvantage of taking bloodthirster first compared to black cleaver? Would it be better for me to build Bloodthirster before black cleaver?

After I build both of those, I normally build a second phantom dancer, if the game gets that far. Is there a better item I can build instead? Or do you have an entirely different build altogether? I'm just curious to see what people think.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

TM oJun

07-25-2012

double dorans is better if your the same/losing your lane matchup. only rush bf sword when your crushing the enemy

Justus Dominus

07-25-2012

Whatever you do make sure she has a vamp sceptor and everything will be k

AlphaKatana

07-25-2012

Accept the summoners code.

EDIT:

Working . Now i can reply!

Most people get double dorans on vayne because she is one of the weakest champions earlygame, and it will give you enough staying power to stall into lategame, where vayne hypercarries.

Lifesteal is king in vayne - You are typically in the short range where most people can do tons of damage to you, so you need it to sustain. If you dont like BT first, always get a vamp sceptor.

Emphasise

07-25-2012

I follow doublelift's build. C:

Serendipity29

07-25-2012

Quote:
AlphaKatana:
Accept the summoners code.

I did... but for some reason it isn't showing up that I did.

fCKzAr

07-25-2012

My build goes like this

boots>zerkers>vamp scepter>BF>zeal>IE>PD>LW>BT>GA/QSS/etc

after PD I consider whether to buy a defensive item earlier or not

I usually go LW since most of the enemy will be above 120 armor anyway. Buying LW before BT also gives you way more dmg.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/diff-the-ender/20875-the-bloodthirster-vs-last-whisper

LEPICKLEZ

07-25-2012

Quote:
Serendipity29:
I love to play Vayne. She is my main, by far. I have been experimenting with builds for her, but I was wondering what strategies people had for building Vayne.

My build is boots and three health pots at beginning. Then, I build a BF Sword and then Berserker's Greaves. For early build, I often see people build two doran's, instead of going right into a BF. Reasons behind that? Is it more efficient/a better strategy for early game?

Anyway, I build an Infinity edge first, then building zeal into a phantom dancer. Here is my second question. I will either build a black cleaver or a bloodthirster next. Most of the time, I build Black Cleaver first, but many people tell me to go Bloodthirster. What's the advantage/disadvantage of taking bloodthirster first compared to black cleaver? Would it be better for me to build Bloodthirster before black cleaver?

After I build both of those, I normally build a second phantom dancer, if the game gets that far. Is there a better item I can build instead? Or do you have an entirely different build altogether? I'm just curious to see what people think.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

x2 Dorans: This is if you're getting punched a bunch in lane and need to survive.

IE-PD- (BC/BT) You need to survive as Vayne. If they have a thornmail get a BT. if they don't get a BT. then you can get a BC/LW if you really want depending on their armor

Carrier has Left

07-25-2012

IE->PD->LW->BT->defense provides the best DPS for Vayne, which is really the point of playing her.

Black Cleaver is pretty gold efficient, but unless you build it early to dominate your lane you are wasting a slot for a better item overall. I also find that the extra AS from is a bit excessive, because you rarely get the opportunity to stay still and attack (and if you do they are already dead, you're playing Vayne after all).

BongoxBongo

07-25-2012

Quote:
fCKzAr:
My build goes like this

boots>zerkers>vamp scepter>BF>zeal>IE>PD>LW>BT>GA/QSS/etc

after PD I consider whether to buy a defensive item earlier or not

I usually go LW since most of the enemy will be above 120 armor anyway. Buying LW before BT also gives you way more dmg.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/diff-the-ender/20875-the-bloodthirster-vs-last-whisper

Vayne needs the early BT. LW is pretty useless considering most enemies don't have much armor. Without the early BT her sustain is complete **** and her laning phase is even more miserable than normal.