"Attempting to Reconnect"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toomin

Master Recruiter

08-04-2012

Joomancer - your issue is not the same as the original poster.

Can you take a log of it and post it though? https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-legends-logs

PlaidHero

08-04-2012

This is honestly getting ridiculous. Every single new patch, this happens to me now. So I only get a few days of decent play time in between patches. All other day are filled with constant ping problems and battered with attempting to disconnect prompts.

PandaRappa

08-05-2012

I'm experiencing the same problem, along with a lot of my friends. PLEASE FIX SOON!!!

Snowkowned

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Yeah I'm having this issue along with tons of other players. Every match multiple people have high ping, some of the matches people are disconnecting without warning left right and centre.

I had one match where two enemy players were dcing frequently and one ally was as well... totally ruined the match. Just had another where I was the victim of disconnection, once while i was safely hidden thank God, and another time at the start of a team fight, came back in and we had lost most of our towers, great fun game, love it totally. I mean who doesn't want to load up a game with no warning of their ping or connectivity?

In all honesty I would rather see riot fix the technical issues with this game than continue to churn out heroes and skins for a game that every few weeks has this issue again and again and again in a variety of forms for a variety of players.

Snowkowned

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepolite View Post
the skype and/or googletalk have never been a problem for lol. We have experienced unexplained lag over time on very very very rare ocassion, but it was nearly always lol related, and patched. Once patched, the lag did not return until lol was broken yet again by a new champion patch; which has always been hotfix-patched.

Friends and family experience this issue even while not using a chat program of any kind. A few times, i have heard, or read in in-game chat box that ping went from 60 or less to 23000. I've never experienced this issue. The majority of the time, while cursing and *****ing about the bug (which always includes - 'my bleeping fps and ping are bleeping fine!' comments) we always ask if anyone is recording the game. Unfortunately, lol recorder has, in the past, caused lag spike issues (lowering fps to below 40 at times). So, we have all pretty much stopped using it in recent months.

As mentioned in a previous post, my cousin experienced the bug so bad that he was literally disconnected every few minutes, but was always able to reconnect. A couple of friends have experienced this too, and some random people have been disconnected, only to reconnect very late into the game, stating that they were unable to reenter the game until then. I have not yet had the problem quite so bad.

With the latest patch we have had this week, there is now a skill delay lag that people are complaining about as well. This skill delay lag seems to be followed by the "attempting to reconnect" bug nearly 100% of the time. The person complaining about the skill delay always disconnects at least once.

Shutting the game down, completely closing the client, restarting the computer, shutting other programs down, wiping misc. **** from the computer, etc. Does not help the problem in the least.

Often, if using googletalk, we can tell if the "attempting to reconnect" bug is coming, or lingering because googletalk will auto-tune your voice.

Example: Chain of events

1. "i'm frozen; can't move." - either said on voice chat, or typed in in-game chat.
2. "i'm fine now." - ....a few minutes later;
3. "i'm frozen again; can't move!" - .... Usually, this second time is where you start to auto-tune, and the bug hits. Sometimes you will auto-tune for a second and then chat will be fine. Other times you auto-tune and your isp connection will be physically interrupted somehow; silencing the chat.

This occurs only during league of legends game play, and we are not always using a chat system. Sometimes we just plain do not feel like talking, and want to just play the game.

This only occurs with the league of legends game. We play xbox, and various other pc games all on the same cable modems we use for lol, and frequently while using skype and googletalk. We even do all of this plus stream multiple videos and movies at the same time with no interruptions, or slowing down of the connection.

We can be sitting idle with the lol client open, or browsing lol shops and other things while we are talking, all the while doing the following above listed things and never receive any trouble.

One final thing i just remembered, it does sometimes seem to be isolated to sections of the map.

For instance -

i was playing mid. Ww came in to gank me and lagged. He got the attempting to reconnect bug near a wall at the bottom river bush edge. I killed him while he was lagged, and as i ran through the exact spot he was lagged, i too froze and lagged. I started immediately getting the reconnect bug after that.

This happened again in another game at top lane. I was on cho'gath, and the other cho'gath lagged in front of his turret and i killed him. When i pressed forward with minions to take the turret, i froze in the exact same spot and began receiving the reconnect bug. I died from turret aggro.

I don't have proof, it could just be coincidence, but i seem to experience the bug more often on the blue side of the map than the purple, and more frequently near turrets than not.
amen brother

Hepolite

08-05-2012

bump,

I haven't been on the game ALL DAY. Logged in, friend tells me he lost his last game because his Ping shot up to 400+ for the entire game, and he couldn't do anything. Plus he got the Reconnect bug. We start my first game of the day. I'm mid with, Kennen, and doing fine. My friend, however, is on solo top lane feeding Vayne because he is receiving the Reconnect bug and has High Ping again. My third death was a direct result of my receiving the bug as well in the bottom river near the mid lane bushes. I was "Lightning Rush"ing from Blue side of the map to Alistar in the river. My Ping and my FPS were both low.

1. FPS - 60 : never changed the entire game.
2. Ping - 59 : floated between 57 and 60 the entire game.

Then I started to receive a skill delay, and no matter what I did, it seemed like my character was moving slower than it was supposed to; like I had a drag on me. (don't know any other way to describe it.) Later, about my 5th death, I experienced the Reconnect bug again while dead. Do not think it killed me.

Next, (this is the glory moment of the game) I ran out to Ziggs who was at the outermost base turret in mid. Ziggs was less than a quarter of his HP, and I worked him down to zero. ZERO HP. Yes. Let me repeat this. ZIGGS HAD ZERO '0' HP As he laughed because I could not kill him, I died. I did not receive any Reconnect bug flashes or anything.

Needless to say, my first game of the day may be my last. I might log in later, I don't know. The only thing I do know...an invincible Ziggs, a teammate with consistent High Ping, the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug, and a log-in queue all boiled down to me being very irritated in a matter of minutes.

Oh, and one final thing, the game I played was so messed up, the Client had ESP and closed itself out instead of giving me my game results.

melibusla

08-05-2012

I'm having the same issue, I've played for 2 years and I've never had this issue before and a few days ago I started noticing people going dc, it happened to me a few times but it lasted for a few seconds.
A few minutes ago I was in the middle of a game in The Twisted Treeline, a friend crashed during the loading screen and then later I got the "attempting to reconnect" window for about 5 or more minutes til I figured I might as well leave the game Please, fix this, it's getting annoying.
All my friends have this issue or heavy lag during the night.

Ron Paul UFC

08-05-2012

I cannot play this game anymore. I am tired of reading RIOT's generic, "connection issue" response, as if it is on my end.

I game, I run a very fast cpu, 24mbps internet, I play all sorts of pc games, I have ZERO problems with any of them. LOL is the only game with any problems. It used to work perfect but after the update I can not play five minutes without this bug and it doesn't reconnect unless I leave the game and log back in...

With that said, I am switching to SC2. This is a serous bug and it is being handled poorly.

SheetedOn

08-06-2012

Solution for my attempting to reconnect bug:

I was having the same problem since patch, then I read that Killer Xeno/BIgfoot network cards can cause this problem. Not sure if you have one, but I just use my USB wireless adapter now instead of connecting straight to my network card

dev1lb3ast

08-06-2012

Bump, I have been having this issue for a long time but I have not always gotten the reconnecting box.

However the symptoms have always been the same, games for whatever reason just stops responding to inputs. I can continue to see the game move around me perfectly fine, usually watching my champ auto attack then get killed.

I do keep my ctrl+f open and my ping and fps dont jump or anything, continues smoothly.

EDIT:
To give more details I will say the the game always reconnects or resumes on its own, I have never had to disco/reconnect or exit the game. I will alt tab and check the web everything will run fine, I often stream pandora or youtube playlists and they continue to stream and dont buffer. I have several other machines on my network and they dont experience any ping spikes as it happens. I am a system admin at my current job and have done the normal testing of my environment (removing routers others systems, any extra programs) w no success. From my testing it appears to be the client just experiencing an upload issue to the server but the downstream connection remains active.

I also rarely use any voice com but I do sometimes use ventrilo, however the issue will appear w/ no other programs running other than the lol client.