Armor and magic penetration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMHSTerror

Senior Member

04-19-2013

Is there a cap of 40% on them? When I checked the character sheet (C), with Last Whisper and Weapon Expertise, and also with Void Staff and Arcane Knowledge, the character sheet only showed 40% as opposed to 43%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anachronity

Senior Member

04-20-2013

Percentile armor penetration stacks multiplicatively.

If you get a last whisper, the target receives the benefit of only 65% of his armor (0.65)
If you get the weapon expertise mastery, the target receives the benefit of 92% of his armor (0.92)

0.65 * 0.92 = 0.598 or about 0.6, that is, the target receives 60% of his armor and you ignore the other 40%

This means that if you were to play Darius, who gets 25% Apen from his apprehend at max level, and build a last whisper with the weapon expertise mastery you would get 55% armor penetration.