Will dominion be included in the the whole "rise to esports" in S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Stormchaser

08-06-2012

Cmon Riot, give us a bone, and we will do the rest.

pls

larkhill

08-06-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VRu5iJmNA

i recommend you watch this video made by travis, host of state of the league, a podcast style show that features all the popular streamers and discusses things. travis also went to korea when the popular teams did, and goes to all the events/does some interviews occasionally.

with that said, i can honestly say that dominion is not ready for the sheer volume of things riot is planning. its simply not a big enough community to warrant doing this yet. i compare dominion to what SR used to be way back when riot first started out. not really a big focus on balance and some things are clearly broken.

i think the next step for dominion is to get ranked and hopefully that will be our season 3 big announcement. i look at dominion as basically a couple seasons behind SR. when SR gets its big push into a true esport for season 3, dominion will be just starting out ranked with a season 1 style establishing of who the good teams/players are.

season 4 will be when i expect dominion to get to season-1-SR level tournies and events specific to dominion and the progression will go from there.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-06-2012

Good joke.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
i look at dominion as basically a couple seasons behind SR.
Funny thing about this statement is that Dominion tends to find what is/isn't OP/too strong, etc. quicker than SR does. Like a week or so faster.

Anywho, to answer OP: Morello has pretty much said no.
http://leagueofreplays.com/redtracke...923796&lang=US

Quote:
That's the idea - while SR will likely remain the "main" mode no matter what, League of Legends is more than SR. It deserves support too.
Quote:
I've talked about these issues in other threads and don't want to derail too much here, but I'll say this; competitive sports have "1 map" and it never gets boring (and in fact have "1 meta"). Maps can provide fun variety, but there's nothing that tells me that multiple maps make for a better spectator and player sport.
Tyrndamere also said this:
Quote:
We lose money on E-sports and we're OK with that because we think you guys dig it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

they don't lose money on e-sports, its money well spend and part of their business plan
trynd just talking out of his bumhole