Things to reduce ping, by Moda

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moda

11-08-2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, or if these things apply to things other than ping.

In No order:

-Leatrix Latency Fix: a small script program that reduced a lot of my friends ping from 700 to 100, and mine from 300 to 30, in another game. Its tells your computer to not bunch together packets when sending them.

-Game Booster: turns off many many small programs safely, which add to the heating of your computer, and loss of RAM. A big example is EXPLORER.EXE. You can have these applications re-open right where you left them, once you are done in gaming-mode. This program can also defrag your game's files, if possible.

-Try using a cord instead of wireless, to your router.

-Take your fan out of your computer and clean it off. Cool your CPU right down.

-Go to Control Panel>Device Manager>Right click your drivers and auto-update.

-There are some other more complex things you can try, with instructions on you-tube. I can't vouch for them, and I think some are even pranks to fk up your computer so care.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-09-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Game booster would most likely apply to your in-game FPS. Thanks for posting this, I'm curious if people find this helps them play.

Moda

11-12-2009

bump 4u

Delay

11-13-2009

Leatrix Latency Fix works??
I dont think it reduces the PING in this game.... does it ?

kimka kissik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay View Post
Leatrix Latency Fix works??
I dont think it reduces the PING in this game.... does it ?
chus installed

i think only by like 10-20 ping and the game feels wierder

simplyskyler

02-03-2011

What about selling my soul or sacrificing innocents? Would this help my ping?

xXMikeyProphetXx

08-12-2011

Gaming Tweak - Disable Nagle's algorithm

The tweak below allows for tweaking or disabling Nagle's alogrithm. Disabling "nagling" allows for very small packets to be transferred immediately without delay. Note that disabling Nagle's algorithm is only recommended for some games, and it may have negative impact on file transfers/throughput. The dafault state (Nagling enabled) improves performance by allowing several small packets to be combined together into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmission. While this improves overall performance and reduces TCP/IP overhead, it may briefly delay transmission of smaller packets. Keep in mind that disabling Nagle's algorithm may have some negative effect on file transfers, and can only help reduce delay in some games. To implement this tweak, in the registry editor (Start>Run>regedit) find:

This setting configures the maximum number of outstanding ACKs in Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
There will be multiple NIC interfaces listed there, for example: {1660430C-B14A-4AC2-8F83-B653E83E8297}. Find the correct one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create a new DWORD value:
TcpAckFrequency=1 (DWORD value, 1=disable, 2=default, 2-n=send ACKs if outstanding ACKs before timed interval. Setting not present by default).

For gaming performance, recommended is 1 (disable). For pure throughput and data streaming, you can experiment with values over 2. If you try larger values, just make sure TcpAckFrequency*MTU is less than RWIN, since the sender may stop sending data if RWIN fills witout acknowledgement.

Also, find the following key (if present):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers
Add a new DWORD value:
TCPNoDelay=1 (DWORD value, 0 to enable Nagle's algorithm, 1 to disable, not present by default)

To configure the ACK interval timeout (only has effect if nagling is enabled), find the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
TcpDelAckTicks=0 (DWORD value, default=2, 0=disable nagling, 1-6=100-600 ms). Note you can also set this to 1 to reduce the nagle effect from the default of 200ms without disabling it.

Notes:
Reportedly, the above gaming tweak (disabling nagle's algorithm) can reduce WoW (World of Warcraft) latency by almost half!
I figured since Riot made WoW, this may work for LoL.
XP/2003 needs hotfix or SP2 for it to work (MS KB 815230)
Vista needs hotfix or SP1 for it to work (MS KB 935458)

Scykz

08-22-2011

Quote:
Kek

WongZ

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMikeyProphetXx View Post
Gaming Tweak - Disable Nagle's algorithm

The tweak below allows for tweaking or disabling Nagle's alogrithm. Disabling "nagling" allows for very small packets to be transferred immediately without delay. Note that disabling Nagle's algorithm is only recommended for some games, and it may have negative impact on file transfers/throughput. The dafault state (Nagling enabled) improves performance by allowing several small packets to be combined together into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmission. While this improves overall performance and reduces TCP/IP overhead, it may briefly delay transmission of smaller packets. Keep in mind that disabling Nagle's algorithm may have some negative effect on file transfers, and can only help reduce delay in some games. To implement this tweak, in the registry editor (Start>Run>regedit) find:

This setting configures the maximum number of outstanding ACKs in Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008:
There will be multiple NIC interfaces listed there, for example: {1660430C-B14A-4AC2-8F83-B653E83E8297}. Find the correct one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create a new DWORD value:
TcpAckFrequency=1 (DWORD value, 1=disable, 2=default, 2-n=send ACKs if outstanding ACKs before timed interval. Setting not present by default).

For gaming performance, recommended is 1 (disable). For pure throughput and data streaming, you can experiment with values over 2. If you try larger values, just make sure TcpAckFrequency*MTU is less than RWIN, since the sender may stop sending data if RWIN fills witout acknowledgement.

Also, find the following key (if present):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers
Add a new DWORD value:
TCPNoDelay=1 (DWORD value, 0 to enable Nagle's algorithm, 1 to disable, not present by default)

To configure the ACK interval timeout (only has effect if nagling is enabled), find the following key:
TcpDelAckTicks=0 (DWORD value, default=2, 0=disable nagling, 1-6=100-600 ms). Note you can also set this to 1 to reduce the nagle effect from the default of 200ms without disabling it.

Notes:
Reportedly, the above gaming tweak (disabling nagle's algorithm) can reduce WoW (World of Warcraft) latency by almost half!
XP/2003 needs hotfix or SP2 for it to work (MS KB 815230)
Vista needs hotfix or SP1 for it to work (MS KB 935458)

I can't find the NIC-Id line when i go into regedit. I have everything simmilar to you until \Interfaces in regedit, but after that, there is no NIC no where .....

I am not sure what exactly needs to be done here...

Tarshal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Leatrix latency does all of it for you. That is what it changes.