Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing bd zil on my smurf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

08-01-2012

Quote:
Degenero:
Not everyone is passive enough to accept your narcissistic strat that you are forcing on your team. Selfish player.

This whole statement made no sense... it's aggresive strat not passive and do you know what narcissistic means?

LadysKnight

08-01-2012

Quote:
Shaboinker:
This whole statement made no sense... it's aggresive strat not passive and do you know what narcissistic means?

He means passive in the sense that they will not just politely say "let us conform around your time keeping awesomeness Lord Zilean". A better word would be submissive

Ardnalis

08-01-2012

Quote:
BabyGoggles:
That you want an entire team to bend to how you want to play

So a meta should never change? Every team should run the exact same setup? You literally just said Dominion should never evolve and die.

Koravel

08-02-2012

Quote:
Ardnalis:
So a meta should never change? Every team should run the exact same setup? You literally just said Dominion should never evolve and die.

No, what he said was, if the entire team is against it, you should do something else, rather than "bending an entire team to the way you want to play."

BD Zilean does not seem to work at my elo, (I was ~1840 prior to hidden elo), at least in my experience. Every time I've seen it, the Zil gets owned. I have never seen a team with a BD Zil win a game. Tri-force and FM slows are too prevalent late-game for it to be effective.

That's just my experience, though. I wouldn't mind playing with someone who knew how to do it very well and seeing what happens. It seems to me that it will only work if the enemy team just tries to play the same way as usual and doesn't respond to the fact that there is a BD-ing Zil on the other team.

IHeartBrainz

08-02-2012

played a game with POOTERSS yesterday that ended up being really close. At one point i think we got 5 capped with each team having >100 points and we still managed to win.
heres a link to the replay if anyone wants to watch it ^________________^ http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/672154/

Kyzene

08-02-2012

I think the what really helps with the above game (I was in it), was that the team was willing to work with POOTERSS and take advantage of the situations that he gave us. Trying to play any kind of bd champ without a strong team to follow up and help you means you are in for a pretty painful game.

Koravel

08-02-2012

Quote:
Kyzene:
I think the what really helps with the above game (I was in it), was that the team was willing to work with POOTERSS and take advantage of the situations that he gave us. Trying to play any kind of bd champ without a strong team to follow up and help you means you are in for a pretty painful game.

Which, I think, is exactly most people's point in this thread. If the team *isn't* willing to work with you and conform to what you want to do in the game, then don't use the strat.

Also, after watching it, I can't help but feel that another char would have done Zil's job just as well and been able to participate in team fights. The only reason it worked was because people would chase him all over the place. Just run him off the point, then don't worry about it. He can't do anything if you don't let yourself get frustrated, which I wager the Alistar was.

Shaboinker

08-02-2012

Quote:
Koravel34:
No, what he said was, if the entire team is against it, you should do something else, rather than "bending an entire team to the way you want to play."

BD Zilean does not seem to work at my elo, (I was ~1840 prior to hidden elo), at least in my experience. Every time I've seen it, the Zil gets owned. I have never seen a team with a BD Zil win a game. Tri-force and FM slows are too prevalent late-game for it to be effective.

That's just my experience, though. I wouldn't mind playing with someone who knew how to do it very well and seeing what happens. It seems to me that it will only work if the enemy team just tries to play the same way as usual and doesn't respond to the fact that there is a BD-ing Zil on the other team.

As I have said many a times it matters not how the enemy team plays but only how your team reacts. Also I still have a about a 60 percent win rate with bd zil.

Koravel

08-03-2012

Quote:
Shaboinker:
As I have said many a times it matters not how the enemy team plays but only how your team reacts. Also I still have a about a 60 percent win rate with bd zil.

Riiiight. No matter what the enemy team does, you will win if your team reacts correctly?

POOTERSS

08-05-2012

Quote:
IHeartBrainz:
played a game with POOTERSS yesterday that ended up being really close. At one point i think we got 5 capped with each team having >100 points and we still managed to win.
heres a link to the replay if anyone wants to watch it ^________________^ http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/672154/

Oh this was a great game. I remember it =)