Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing bd zil on my smurf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

07-26-2012

Quote:
LadysKnight:
How is that yelling or even negative? I'm trying to layout a point that you either aren't getting or just aren't acknowledging despite me saying it twice. I concede the possible usefullness of the build and strategy. What I'm trying to do is get you to see the other side and how bd'ing doesn't have to be your exclusive function. It can still be your primary one but you can do other things when your team needs help too.

I do this and did this in the game with you. I have replay to prove.

LadysKnight

07-26-2012

Quote:
Shaboinker:
I do this and did this in the game with you. I have replay to prove.

You were very opposed doing that in game though. We asked you and you said that you were going to do your thing. But whatever, it sounds like we're on the same page now and we won so it's not a big deal

BabyGoggles

07-26-2012

So you have decided:

Zilean's sole purpose in Dominion
That you want to play a single champ no matter the team comp
That you want an entire team to bend to how you want to play

All I see here is a selfish player.

POOTERSS

07-26-2012

Quote:
BabyGoggles:

This is a big part of how BD zilean wins games.

Shaboinker

07-26-2012

Quote:
BabyGoggles:
So you have decided:

Zilean's sole purpose in Dominion
That you want to play a single champ no matter the team comp

All I see here is a selfish player.

Selfish but wins games. Most people do the same thing but just because it's recognized as more standard they don't get flamed.

BabyGoggles

07-26-2012

Quote:
POOTERSS:
This is a big part of how BD zilean wins games.

Then I guess my point stands. Chances are, not everybody is interested in a champ dedicated solely to 'distracting'

Shaboinker

07-26-2012

Quote:
LadysKnight:
You were very opposed doing that in game though. We asked you and you said that you were going to do your thing. But whatever, it sounds like we're on the same page now and we won so it's not a big deal

I said I would do it if the situation was right. Which is how you should play bd zil. There is not alot of situations that bd zil is usefull to help his team BUT there is few.

BabyGoggles

07-26-2012

Quote:
Shaboinker:
Selfish but wins games. Most people do the same thing but just because it's recognized as more standard they don't get flamed.

The thing is, the 'backdoor distraction' strat, is the responsibility of every player on the team. I play much lower elo than you guys, but if I see three or four enemies bot, I'll glance at the fight to evaluate whether my team can hold, or how long before we lose bot cap, and run to their mid to cap or neutralize, depending on how they respond.

So best case scenario, I distract, pull their resources and can get back to our bot to backup. Any champ can backdoor while at the same time being more useful than just backdooring.

Shaboinker

07-26-2012

Quote:
BabyGoggles:
The thing is, the 'backdoor distraction' strat, is the responsibility of every player on the team. I play much lower elo than you guys, but if I see three or four enemies bot, I'll glance at the fight to evaluate whether my team can hold, or how long before we lose bot cap, and run to their mid to cap or neutralize, depending on how they respond.

So best case scenario, I distract, pull their resources and can get back to our bot to backup. Any champ can backdoor while at the same time being more useful than just backdooring.

And bd Zil does this all the time. Forcing resources (players) away from other objectives for your team. This is why it works so well. The only problem is people flaming with negative attitude instead of taking the proper actions to win the game.

Degenero

07-26-2012

Not everyone is passive enough to accept your narcissistic strat that you are forcing on your team. Selfish player.