Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Science Degrees at Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

07-25-2012

Quote:
davin:
If you count social sciences, Lyte and I both have doctorates in different fields of Psychology. I'm Human Factors, he's Cognitive Neuroscience.

Science!

AHA! so you guys are responsible for all the subliminal messaging lol

Friendly Cadaver

07-25-2012

Quote:
Drevarius:
To generalize it;

Getting an advanced engineering degree is a process of elimination more than a pursuit of higher learning at most schools. It requires determination to see it through because many aspects of the system are looking to weed you out - a major failing in my opinion - rather than attempting to grow interest in the field.

Working on games and at Riot in particular is a very different experience - and much more rewarding. The same problem solving and design skills you use as an engineer are applicable here, but you also need lots of gameplay experience and the desire to create content for others to enjoy.

OMG I HAVE THAT!!! PICK ME PICK!!!!

plz...?

Jaghatai

07-25-2012

Quote:
Slev:
I'm a second year pre-med at Saint Louis University

WOO SLU! Howdy neighbor (formerly) I got my masters of science in computer science from Washington University

And I will echo the earlier sentiments ... getting your masters/phd is more of an exercise in determination rather than intelligence or anything else. Can you survive somehow?

coolcow6

07-25-2012

I just finished my first year in college majoring in Computer Science because I love programming and everything about it.

You guys at riot think you'll have room for a programmer in a few years? =D

Slev

07-25-2012

Quote:
Jaghatai:
WOO SLU! Howdy neighbor (formerly) I got my masters of science in computer science from Washington University

And I will echo the earlier sentiments ... getting your masters/phd is more of an exercise in determination rather than intelligence or anything else. Can you survive somehow?

Ah nice to meet'cha. I have a fair number of professors with varying degrees from WashU. Though our campus is much prettier. =P

majulito

07-25-2012

Quote:
Drevarius:
To generalize it;

Getting an advanced engineering degree is a process of elimination more than a pursuit of higher learning at most schools. It requires determination to see it through because many aspects of the system are looking to weed you out - a major failing in my opinion - rather than attempting to grow interest in the field.

I know what you mean I've been recently "weeded" out. But I wasn't really enjoying it anyway the professors seemed more interested in following the syllabus as opposed to actually teaching. Not to say I didn't learn anything just not much I could use in everyday life.