Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Science Degrees at Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PentaSho

07-25-2012

Read thread title as "Science disagrees at Riot"

Juke Box Stud

07-25-2012

Quote:
chewbacha:
I graduated with a BS in Microbiology from University of Washington. While my forum title hasn't been updated, I currently work as an Associate Data Engineer on the Data team at Riot. I know that we have several people who started in sciences and ended up at Riot.

In my experience, intelligent and hard working people can be successful in any field. The best thing to do is learn what it is that you enjoy working on day-in and day-out and then go after it. This is not the easiest thing to do!! It took me 2 years in an evolutionary genetics lab to realize that I did not enjoy academic research (nothing against it, just not my thing). It's been a very interesting adventure going from the lab to health care software to working on a data team at Riot. Looking back on it, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

I know how you feel, I just got my BS in Micro as well but I sat on ass for a year and a half doing bioinformatics research on algae :/ turned me off of research but not the subject.

Koronis

07-25-2012

This is offtopic content.

Aruaet

07-25-2012

Quote:
Koronis:
This is offtopic content.

clearly coming from someone who has NEVER posted anywhere but GD. All the other forums are dead, don't even try.

Koronis

07-25-2012

Quote:
Aruaet:
clearly coming from someone who has NEVER posted anywhere but GD. All the other forums are dead, don't even try.

General Discussion: "Discuss League of Legends here"

I'm sorry, how would you like me to rephrase this? Nobody wants to hear you brag about your scholar accomplishments on a video game's general forum.

Light LaserTower

07-25-2012

Quote:
davin:
Pretty much any science background can be useful, because of the type of thinking that's required. Evidence and iteration are key!

Would you count Electrical?!

A Swarm of Koala

07-25-2012

Working on a BS in biochemistry. If med school doesn't work out, I might try riot.

SlavMan24

07-25-2012

what you need to do is just drift and chill.

Guede

07-25-2012

Quote:
chewbacha:
I graduated with a BS in Microbiology from University of Washington. While my forum title hasn't been updated, I currently work as an Associate Data Engineer on the Data team at Riot. I know that we have several people who started in sciences and ended up at Riot.

In my experience, intelligent and hard working people can be successful in any field. The best thing to do is learn what it is that you enjoy working on day-in and day-out and then go after it. This is not the easiest thing to do!! It took me 2 years in an evolutionary genetics lab to realize that I did not enjoy academic research (nothing against it, just not my thing). It's been a very interesting adventure going from the lab to health care software to working on a data team at Riot. Looking back on it, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Just saying. I mean really just saying....

Go Cougs... =P. <3 my Wazzu

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

07-25-2012

Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, UIUC