Volibear Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThousandLove

07-24-2012

Volibear has been one of my favorite champions ever since I started this game and I am a proud Volibear support player. People sometimes refer to Volibear support players as "trolls" just because he isn't a traditional support champion and is often played as a top-lane bruiser, or as a jungler. But I believe Volibear shines the best when played as a support.

I honestly believe Volibear is the most tanky support champion next to Taric. With a built-in tankiness, abilities to slow and flip over enemy champions, and a potential to do a massive amount of damage (he can even solo the enemy carry on his own in the early stages without breaking a sweat), Volibear can easily protect his ad carry and the enemy champions won't be able to ignore him in lane to go straight for the ad carry. Hell, most of the times when I play Volibear support, the enemy support exhausts me when possible on every exchange, letting my ad carry bash on whoever should be taken out first.

That being said, Volibear support synergies the best with bursty-kill-lane champions such as Corki, Ezreal, Graves and Jayce who can easily gap-in and destroy whoever Volibear flips. And with the wonders of pink and green wards Volibear can have complete dominance over the bushes and zone out both the enemy ad carry and support, letting your ad carry have a very easy time farming.

The very main reason I believe Volibear shines brightest as a support is that his entire kit scales better with building hp and tank items instead of damage items, which is also great when played as a support since you have to be somewhat tanky in order to protect your ad carry, and soak in damage for him.

That was my opinion of Volibear. What do you guys think of Volibear support or what role would best fit Volibear?

CraftedHands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

cool

ThousandLove

07-24-2012

mhm