Best Champion for Beginners

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FairyCharmed

07-26-2012

My first champion was Sivir, because my brother introduced me to LoL, and he told me that skillshots were one of the things I had to learn outright. So I got her Boomerang Blades right in about a week. Then I moved onto Swain, to learn about AP and stuff (as Sivir's an AD carry), then Karthus, for helping with the kills, then finally, to Nocturne, for melee damage. So far, I've loved every one of the ones I've played, but it's honestly, your call. Try out the free-to-play champs before buying ^^

Skin Wizard

07-26-2012

play the free to play champions until you find one you like

Savagesword

07-27-2012

Garen is a great melee starter Champion, and he is not too expensive. Thats who I would recommend. Once you get Garen and you follow a good build, you will get heaps of kills in vs Al games and can then move on to more complex Champions

chide da jungler

07-27-2012

#1 champ for new players should be annie.

safe, easy laning
reliable dps
good burst
easy to understand

Fs Son0fSilas

07-27-2012

Annie!!!

Free week right now

Armageddal

07-29-2012

I wouldn't say that there are really "best" champions for beginners. It's more a matter of getting used to skills. I suppose if you're looking for simple abilities, then someone like Ashe or Ryze would be good, but what beginners really seem to struggle with is understanding how to play effectively rather than lacking control of their character.

As a beginner, you need to learn to focus on multiple things. Last-hitting needs to become second nature to you so that you can put more focus into poking the enemy (taking a quick shot) and avoiding getting poked. You need to learn how to use bushes effectively and how to position yourself to make yourself a difficult target for your enemy, and you need to learn other champions' abilities and cool downs to know when your enemy is at his or her weakest, among other things.

That may sound like a lot, and it is, but most of it will come with time. I'm still learning about things that I can do to outplay my opponents. I'm a far better AD carry now than just a couple weeks ago because something about positioning and how to poke just clicked.

And one last, very important thing to remember: League of Legends has a lot to do with psychology. If you make it seem to your enemy that they can't do something safely, then they will avoid doing that, giving you control over them. This is the basis of zoning out your opponent.

ShockZoned

07-29-2012

I personally enjoy Ashe. As a beginner though I had been suggested to play as Tryndamere because he's OP has a beginner apparently.

EpicxBattles

08-01-2012

the good beginner choices are the ones that cost 450rp.
ashe of a decent ad carry, ryze and annie for mage, nunu for tank and jungle and soraka for support

weekly champions are also free to try with more decent abilities. i would suggest champions such as maokai, ezreal, jarvan, shen and draven

GodSlayer1

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleno View Post
My recommendation depends on what role you want to play, but even so, there are many viable options for each role. Ashe, Master Yi, and Tristana are all good AD champions to start with. Ryze and Annie are good AP picks, Sona and Alistar are good support choices. Tristana is free with a skin if you like the Riot Facebook page, and Alistar is free with a skin if you subscribe to the Riot YouTube, so definitely try them since there is no IP risk.
this is bull i tryed it and never got anything

bigtaco99

09-28-2012

I'm a level 11.
My go to champions are cho gath and darius. Other than that, I like to try who ever is free that week. darius is my favorite though. His ulti is beast.

1234567 ... 10