Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Champion for Beginners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UBA Darknight

07-29-2014

play high skill cap champion is good

guy272

Recruiter

07-29-2014

For me, I just looked at a bunch of the champion spotlights until i found a champ that I loved both thematically and gameplay wise. Since I have always liked assassin and stealthy champs, so I latched onto champs like pantheon, kha'zix, and everyone's favorite, Teemo! So i started off buying Teemo, then pantheon, and kha'zix (because of price orders). From there, I just played champs that were similar in gameplay too them. Just find a champ that you find interesting, reguardless of price or difficulty (well, maybe not for your first champ), and then just play them, watch a guide or a pro player. Another example is Syndra, everyone said champs like Syndra were very hard to learn, but I picked her up in a few games.

DexterousGecko

07-29-2014

mmm, I've been trying to have one champion in each role that I'm sort of comfortable with. So far they've been:

Top: Nasus (great at learning to focus on csing)
Mid: Ahri (just got her, seems like she should be easy to use, but I suck ass with her. She might not be a good beginner champion, don't know.)
Bot: Kog'maw / Jinx (csing/harass training)
Support: Blitzcrank (so fun and you can make a huge difference with that grab)
Jungle: My weakest role (only level 22, so don't have full runes): I've tried Skarner, Volibear, Eve and Rammus. Rammus felt the best.

Check out the champion spotlights as others have said. Also, just pick a character that looks cool to you. It sounds weird, but the more I like the moveset and appearance of the champion, the more I'll enjoy playing them.

DeViance1

07-30-2014

well you can try that: WarWick is the best for beginers : strong ad lifesteal is easy to play oly becouse his reduced colldown adn passive lifesteal every basic is a healing hit so if you fight safe you will get your hp full pretty fast and is 450 IP is easy try it.
BTW the best build that i recomand on him first of all bots fo atack speed Hydra PhantomDancer Blodthrister and hexxtech and whatever you want to fill the last item and GG.xD

uune

07-30-2014

Most importantly of all, I'd recommend checking out streams from top players and learn from them - I'm quite an experience player, and I watch streams all the time!
Twitch tv and lolking both have lists of top streamers for you to check out
As for champions to learn, I agree with the abovementioned tip: play champions that are difficult to master. Since they are the first champion you're learning, you will invest the time it takes to learn them, and it will be more than rewarding by the end (and everyone else will seem easy ):
AP Mages: Anivia, Karthus, Syndra
AD Carries: Vayne, Draven
Bruisers/Melee champs: Nidalee, Poppy, Maokai
Supports: Leona, Nami

YEBZIO

08-28-2014

I personally started the game with master Yi knowing in other games I hate mages and wanted to stick away from them(lv 30 and I still do other then malzahar) and I went from Yi to trying trist did bad and decided to stay with melee classes and now I really like Xin Zhao and would recommend him for new players cuz he offers a bit of strange mechanics and is still easy to play

nyking100

10-06-2014

Jax. Really good top laner. Can help with your timing with his E which leads to better play styles. Also Jax is very Op so it'll be easy to wreck people. In my opinion. Some people have different opinions but I really think Jax is good. Also try using him jungle when lv your level 10