" your account and forum posting privileges will be temporarily suspended"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDerp

07-24-2012

(info thread, not qq)

Hi fellow summoners!

First off i'll start by letting you know i've been a derpturd in the past and received a well deserved half week ban. To be honest, i'm glad it happened, it's good to know the Tribunal actually works, with no more than a month's backlog in dishing out punishments! I HAVE REPENTED! (rependragonted?)

During my temporary suspension i decided to keep participating in the forums, as it's a fun time killer and a good way to kill ban-guilt. When I re-checked my suspension e-mail to check the unban time however, i noticed the following quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YESTRIBUNALWORKS
Greetings TheCakei8,

Certain in-game activity on your account has been found to be in violation of the Summoner’s Code by the Tribunal.

As such, your account and forum posting privileges will be temporarily suspended [...]
Well.. I've kinda been on the forums throughout the whole thing, under my summoner name. In fact, 2 more hours till my unbanning.

Question and TL;DR:

I'd like to know if getting temp banned doesn't always remove forum privileges even though the suspension notice states it does.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

It suppose to, but seem to be issues with linking ingame bans and forum bans.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

I wonder if it didn't take effect because perhaps you were constantly logged on to the forums the whole time?

I wonder if you were to log out, then try to log back in (doubt you'd actually want to try that though (: ) if it would say you were banned from the forums...

McDerp

07-24-2012

I INSIST I GET THE FULL BAN. 1 DERPY HOUR OF FORUM BANNAGE. That's all i ask for.

McDerp

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I wonder if it didn't take effect because perhaps you were constantly logged on to the forums the whole time?

I wonder if you were to log out, then try to log back in (doubt you'd actually want to try that though (: ) if it would say you were banned from the forums...
Challenge accepted. If i'm not back with cookies in 5 minutes, everything's fixed.

McDerp

07-24-2012

HELLO.

I come back with cookies.

So it's either a bug, they were being nice (i'd like to keep thinking that one) or there are marginal cases where they don't go ahead with the double temp ban

Geekweezul

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakei8 View Post
HELLO.

I come back with cookies.

So it's either a bug, they were being nice (i'd like to keep thinking that one) or there are marginal cases where they don't go ahead with the double temp ban
I love cookies.

powerbats

07-24-2012

It could be that that's the auto generated one and they've let the lower level stuff go through for now.

Earlier this year or late last they started implementing that to give ppl some time to cool off, all you had to do was see some of the rage threads to know it was needed, since ppl usually after they had a chance to cool off realized what they'd typed was an overreaction.