How do you deal with rage/insults?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostDonkeys

07-23-2012

Lately I've tried my very best to handle all of the raging insulting people I encounter in solo queue without letting them get to me.

I realize that my teammates getting under my skin makes me play worse and if they cause me to rage back then it could even lead to me getting a ban. I've never been banned/permabanned/anything ever and I want to keep it that way.

It is so frustrating having your teammates insult people and be toxic and general and report them and ignore them but end up seeing them in games later (so you know they weren't punished). It feels like I'm fighting a losing battle. I try to make my teammates be positive and contribute to the good side of the community in general but it feels like a very uphill battle.

So my question is GD, how do you deal with those insulting players? Those people who just LOOK for a reason to freak out at the rest of the team. Your jungle gets ganked in his jungle and gives first blood? Endless rage for the rest of the game. How do you deal with it?

How do you keep it from getting under your skin, how do you keep it from getting under your teammates skin? How can you get them to stop so they don't have a negative impact on your team? I really want to make a good impact on the community; so if you guys could give some tips on handling toxic players it could help me and others make a change.

Thanks!

Alright guys so far here's some of the solutions I like from you guys. Sorry I'm not going to quote everyone it's just easier this way.

Solutions
Mute them
Try to reason with them (tough!)
Realize it's a game, and things they say to you are more than likely things they've had thrown at them.
Imagine everyone you're talking to is a pumpkin
Play premades (obvious though)
Don't talk to them
Raise Morale! Tell your team good job when they accomplish things
Raise your elo above them
Admit to sucking (don't get down on yourself though!)
Smile!
(Something I do sometimes) Remind them who's team they are on!
Tell them that harassing you won't help them win, just get them reported

viledemon19

07-23-2012

mute them

Touche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Ignore/mute button

Or try to reason with them and calm them down (rarely works)

GhostDonkeys

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by viledemon19 View Post
mute them
Definitely one solution. It seems to work but unfortunately it keeps me from being able to communicate effectively with them.

Xantherz

07-23-2012

ignore and mute em

Atheau

07-23-2012

Realize it's a game, and things they say to you are more than likely things they've had thrown at them.

Alternatively, imagine everyone you're talking to is a pumpkin. You'd be surprised at the wonders it works.

Maddix White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

I uninstall and cry myself to sleep.

Hawkze

07-23-2012

Call them fat and ugly then ignore them.

Kirby

Recruiter

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post

Alternatively, imagine everyone you're talking to is a pumpkin. You'd be surprised at the wonders it works.
i cant upvote this enough

GhostDonkeys

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post

Haha cool, I'll definitely give the pumpkin thing a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley31 View Post
I uninstall and cry myself to sleep.

D: Hope you're kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkze View Post
Call them fat and ugly then ignore them.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind