Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aevinter

07-24-2012

Read his stats, look at his kit. This is a self-explanatory kind of thing, dude.

P.S. I'm complaining about both.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matiels View Post
By your logic, ignoring any champ while they damage you makes them OP. Problem is, Darius defies some common sense. Teemo can't blow up an entire team by himself, nor Irelia nor Fiddle (unless he gets that perfect surprise ult off) thing is, Teemo can't outright eliminate a threat to himself and then do it again a half second later and again and again and again. No one can just Darius.
cool story. This is the part where you post a video of this. So far I've only had videos of darius doing this with help. You'll notice that in the last video I looked into wukong and jayce actually did a lot of the work. Darius just stands there getting kills as champs walk up to him to have their heads handed to them. Bleed aside, darius can only really do serious damage to one champ at a time outside his Q which isn't much stronger than a lot of other AoEs based off the vids. He just takes his time hardly even chasing anyone in these clips I've seen so far. He's not forcing anyone to come to him aside from when he uses E which has a kinda high cooldown. There's no logic being defied here except the common sense being defied by the victims. I assume lulu saw what just happened so she just autoattacked at melee range? Isn't she ranged?

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevinter View Post
Read his stats, look at his kit. This is a self-explanatory kind of thing, dude.

P.S. I'm complaining about both.
I see his stats, I see his kit. I see a strong guy who doesn't have a good way to force anybody to him. I see a guy who can do anything about it if he's outranged except walk towards or away from the threat. I see a guy who won't be too useful unless someone is helping him close gaps or he can just convince someone to make a risky decision. I see that if he ever finds a way to catch you he will probably do a lot of damage. Its not a big deal, tons of games have these.

Aevinter

07-25-2012

Quote:
I see his stats, I see his kit. I see a strong guy who doesn't have a good way to force anybody to him. I see a guy who can do anything about it if he's outranged except walk towards or away from the threat. I see a guy who won't be too useful unless someone is helping him close gaps or he can just convince someone to make a risky decision. I see that if he ever finds a way to catch you he will probably do a lot of damage. Its not a big deal, tons of games have these.
Usually, champs have to build items to do that, Darius doesn't. He has no ways to force you to him, except for the pull and the passive movement speed buff, right? And it's horrendously easy to itemize for that, it's called Shurelia's Reverie. There, the one or two problems (Initiating/Escaping, Sustain) he ever had, solved. Not to mention MS Quints or Masteries, Ghost, Flash, etc. So, tell me about how horrible he is again? Either which way, I'm done talking about this. If you can't see how Darius is stupid OP, no one can help you.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevinter View Post
Usually, champs have to build items to do that, Darius doesn't. He has no ways to force you to him, except for the pull and the passive movement speed buff, right? And it's horrendously easy to itemize for that, it's called Shurelia's Reverie. There, the one or two problems (Initiating/Escaping, Sustain) he ever had, solved. Not to mention MS Quints or Masteries, Ghost, Flash, etc. So, tell me about how horrible he is again? Either which way, I'm done talking about this. If you can't see how Darius is stupid OP, no one can help you.
Who said he was horrible? I do think he's pretty bad but I never said that. Even if he does build that and use those sorts of masteries its not like you can't do anything about it. Its not going to be a secret that he has them either, not even the summoner spells. They can be seen on the scoreboard and in his stats.

Additionally you have to remember that this game isn't just about dealing damage and getting kills.

Also you should try reading the first post or title of threads. Post a vid. Its a lot more effective then whining and crying I won't b**** alongside you about how op darius is because he can use summoner spells and legendary items to do something useful. I picked the first ones at random and watched the ones offered and gave my analysis based off simple logic. So far I've mostly seen vids where darius hardly has to do anything because ppl just walk right up to him possibly because they lack the discipline or insight to avoid doing so. Its possible darius wasn't well known at the time. Although that last vid was from a few weeks ago.

Ssenkrad II

07-25-2012

Morello: "we designed Darius to get penta kills every 30 games or so, and we found he was getting them much more often then that."

Need more proof?

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-25-2012

Maybe I should just post things on request and bypass all the butthurt...

Darius + reverie/ghost.

Anybody else have anything for me to look for?

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssenkrad II View Post
Morello: "we designed Darius to get penta kills every 30 games or so, and we found he was getting them much more often then that."

Need more proof?
Yeah kinda. I can believe he gets more pentakills than intended. but there's a few issues.

Where is he getting pentakills
Why is he getting pentakills
Is it darius or is it the community. I haven't had any issues from darius, but the first time I ran into hiemerdinger I had some issues, he was something new to me. The training modes didn't explain what blind was or why his turrets were all sorts of colors. I wasn't even sure if I should focus them or not. Riot never seems to refer to the lolwiki and the champion attributes aren't exactly plastered on a wall for the world to find and see with ease on this sight. I mean they're their but I couldn't tell you how to find it off the top of my head.

If that's the case then the pentakills are the result of an overall game design flaw not a character design flaw.

But yes, I could believe that even if it wasn't a direct morello quote. But even the videos I've seen so far seem to suggest that this is the result of people not having enough information or discipline or something. Personally I dislike the idea that any and every champ is allowed to be used in every mode of play without regard for the skill level of the players. I feel that darius is balanced and yet he warps the game somewhat. Not a problem for someone willing to go through youtube videos and analyze them but what about those people who actually click "new to rts" when they make their new account.

But there's a difference between overpowered and game warping. Teemo can be game warping. Shen can be game warping. Karthus can be game warping. Game warping just means it attracts way too much attention to itself and you have to play around it no matter what. In a serious strategy game this is not an issue but then is it?

Luckily for me, I'm not concerned with what people do and don't enjoy, its obvious that darius can ruin your day if you're not into that sort of thing. But I'm looking for some e-tangible proof that he is op. I think in your case you'd need to find a video of the most epic/impossible darius pentakill ever.

holy bongos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2012

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST IF DARIUS IS BLOWING UP YOUR ENTIRE TEAM THEN HIS TEAM MUST BE HEAVILY AOE DEPENDENT AND YOU ALL ARE ALLOWING YOURSELVES TO BE CLUMPED UP AND THUS THE AOE KNOCKS YOU DOWN FLAT AND HE CAN JUST R R R R R.

I figured that was the only way people will read. They will also downvote because this is the only conceivable way I can think of a Darius pwning an entire team.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailums View Post
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST IF DARIUS IS BLOWING UP YOUR ENTIRE TEAM THEN HIS TEAM MUST BE HEAVILY AOE DEPENDENT AND YOU ALL ARE ALLOWING YOURSELVES TO BE CLUMPED UP AND THUS THE AOE KNOCKS YOU DOWN FLAT AND HE CAN JUST R R R R R.

I figured that was the only way people will read. They will also downvote because this is the only conceivable way I can think of a Darius pwning an entire team.
Adds darius penta with 6+ button presses to the list