Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightfallyn

07-24-2012

OK here is the original April fools Spotlight for lee sin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3DWCGs3Tl8 not sure how it will help but its a good laugh

You can list every champ and what they can do better but I am talking specifically about low farm damage output and damage output in general. So all other abilities are irrelevant.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Nightfallyn:
OK here is the original April fools Spotlight for lee sin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3DWCGs3Tl8 not sure how it will help but its a good laugh

You can list every champ and what they can do better but I am talking specifically about low farm damage output and damage output in general. So all other abilities are irrelevant.

Probably won't but maybe it will.

So what you're actually saying is...

If you ignore every aspect of this game except darius's speciality, darius is OP.

Nightfallyn

07-24-2012

Yes, exactly he has no heal ability so you can't compare him to healers, he has no utility ability so you can't compare him to those champs. He was designed to be a Ad bruiser, so that what you need to to compare him to other melee ad bruisers, actually you could even compare him to some ad carries, This game is about killing the opposing nexus, the tools given to Darius to accomplish this is damage, damage, and more damage. You can play what if all day, but when it comes to the basics of his design he has the ability to do damage better then any other champ of similar design and purpose. That by definition is OP.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Nightfallyn:
Yes, exactly he has no heal ability so you can't compare him to healers, he has no utility ability so you can't compare him to those champs. He was designed to be a Ad bruiser, so that what you need to to compare him to other melee ad bruisers, actually you could even compare him to some ad carries, This game is about killing the opposing nexus, the tools given to Darius to accomplish this is damage, damage, and more damage. You can play what if all day, but when it comes to the basics of his design he has the ability to do damage better then any other champ of similar design and purpose. That by definition is OP.

Is his damage to structures particularily high? Or is it just to other champs. I was under the impression that he was designed to kill champions specifically. In fact none of his abilities except the armor pierce even remotely help him break towers down.

Name some similar champs btw. Let's establish who these champs are in his shadow

Nightfallyn

07-24-2012

He can kill a tower, inhibitor or nexus with his damage, Because he can kill champions he can make it so him and his teammates can do so unopposed cause the defenders will all be dead. His damage abilities are there to get rid of the defenders of the said structure. If all defender are dead he can wail on the structure unopposed. SO yes his abilities if used correctly increase the time he can stand there and wail on a tower.

On a side note i don't think any of the champions have a skill anymore that increase structure damage. Allistars passive used too but they removed all those abilities.

Similar champs Ill let you go find, there are many with the bruiser tag, you might even include some of the burst mages/assassins with no CC, but I am logging for the night though, so you will have a good long while to think about it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Nightfallyn:
He can kill a tower, inhibitor or nexus with his damage, Because he can kill champions he can make it so him and his teammates can do so unopposed cause the defenders will all be dead. His damage abilities are there to get rid of the defenders of the said structure. If all defender are dead he can wail on the structure unopposed. SO yes his abilities if used correctly increase the time he can stand there and wail on a tower.

On a side note i don't think any of the champions have a skill anymore that increase structure damage. Allistars passive used too but they removed all those abilities.

Similar champs Ill let you go find, there are many with the bruiser tag, you might even include some of the burst mages/assassins with no CC, but I am logging for the night though, so you will have a good long while to think about it.

I'll clarify this abit. I want you specifically to set the rule for what similar to darius means.

Beas7ie

07-24-2012

What about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbBaM-qK5BY

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Beas7ie:
What about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbBaM-qK5BY

Ill start by saying that when a team with a significant leadtakes baron, don't try to teamfight them. I've honestly got no idea what they were doing but they were all in mid with their pants down while ashe pushed the **** out of bottom lane.

Anyways on to the fun part.
Twisted fate-
Again, not sure how he ended up in that position but wukong closed the gap with his baron buff on and went straight into his ult. Knocking him up with way too little health left to survive any attack. As jayce attempted to land the final blow with his hammer Dardar poked his skull open and got the kill. It was his first and only hit on twisted fate. Guy probably had less than 200 hp left

Jayce-
He takes an axe spin to the back and is bleeding and narrowly escapes after getting hit with the E. He's safe for a moment it seems but watch at 3 seconds as his ally graves arrives and he just stops. He then turns around and goes after the jayce on darius's team after graves fires at him taking his health down. As darius finishes TF off jayce just casually walks by trying to secure the kill while still bleeding. Team darius jayce, who has the baron buff stops and shoots jace knocking him back keeping him next to darius. He bleeds some more and darius pokes him then off with his head.

Graves-
arrives and blows a bunch of attacks off at team darius jayce who was being chased by team graves jayce before that jayce got sent to the guillotine. Graves follows the enemy jayce firing a shot at him (0:07) and nearly getting a kill suddenly stopping as darius executes his ally right next to him. Darius still has the baron buff. Graves stops and shoots wukong who's approaching from behind darius still within melee range of darius. He takes a darius axe spin and a wukong E together both baron buff enhanced and not suprisingly loses a huge chunk of his HP. He continues shooting wukong landing the final blow in the middle of the noxian guilotine animation aimed at him...

Cait-
arrives with lulu from the direction of baron. She gets knocked up by wukong (you know what i mean lol) as lulu gives her a buff. But she spends sometime still running but turns around losing her buff soon after she begins focusing wukong along with lulu. Chasing her target she steps in range of darius who has just killed graves, who just killed wukong. She takes his W and either an auto attack or some bleed damage. In anycase she uses her net attack as an escape but the slow on darius's W and the speed bonus from the bleed is keeping her from escaping. lulu turns darius into a fox but it doesn't last too long. As soon as he turns back he apprehends cait and spins his axe killing her and hitting lulu who is still standing right next to him.

lulu-
she tried to help cait but the buff wore off before she could do much. She helped focus down wukong who did end up dieing. She then turned darius into a small woodland creature for about half a second. As cait was murdered she attacked darius a bit staying in melee range even after being hit with his Q. At this point team darius jayce has returned and fires a shot at lulu taking a chunk of her life along with darius who seems to autoattack her. Being a squishy underleveled support champ protected by nothing but a cloth armor and a shurelya's reverie hp bonus she is left with a third of her hp before she finally attempts to run without activating the reverie 40% speed boost. To the guillotine she went.

darius-
He saw twisted fate get pwned and CC'd nearby and takes a few steps so he can ult. Then jayce passes by pretty much ignoring him so he just kinda pokes him a few times and jayce just keeps chasing the other jayce, he's finally in kill range after the other jayce shoots him and dardar ults him. Graves passes by dardar also ignoring him trying to pick up the kill on jayce and fails. Wukong he then stops next to darius to try and kill wukong... darius and wukong both hit him at the same time then darius ults and kills him. Cait arrives as wukong dies now standing next to darius. Darius puts a slow on her and she tries to make an escape. Darius is turned into a small creature for a moment but turns right back and Q's cait to death. There is now a squishy ranged support mage autoattacking darius from melee range as jayce returns and shoots her as darius autoattacks her while she's still bleeding from the Q and taking some more autoattacks. She finally decides to run when she's at 1/3 health and doesn't bother using her speed boost. Darius ults her. Pentakill.

It's funny how people walk by darius like he's camoflagued or something

magitek terra

07-24-2012

I think Darius tips the scales minorly. He could use a tiny nerf here and there at the developer's discretion - and I can see it happening once he used more in high level play. It's all about time and statistics. Give the LoL team a while and they will figure out a way to make him more reasonable. I remember playing against a jungle Darius that absolutely annihilated our team. Stick mobility boots and speed quints on the guy and he's a **** wrecking ball during lane phase unless you are spitting wards out of your ass nonstop. AP mids are particularly vulnerable unless they are hugging + warding one side of the river.

holy bongos

07-24-2012

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
Earlier I mentioned that evelyn was designed to kill carries. Ashe is a carry.

It was sarcasm directed towards the person in my quote there buddy >.>