Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashi Lennon

10-07-2012

I'll get it out of the way. I feel Darius is OP, And frankly, I don't have a counter argument.

I can tell you though, That I'm sick of him.

I'm sick of people telling me he is easily countered, just play Irelia or Kayle or whoever, Because Maybe I don't really want play Any of these counters EVERY single game, because I know for certain that some tryhard will play him every single time.

Point and case being, I'm tired of playing against him. I don't ban him because I'm afraid of him,I've just had enough of him. I don't know what tier character he is, and frankly I don't care. I don't want to sit around countering him all the time.

League of Legends is fun because of the amazing variety of characters you can play, HOWEVER, only as long as that Variety includes Darius every time.

Pick another champ, for gods sake.

AwesomeGuy09

10-08-2012

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
Learn from these mistakes, no matter how OP or UP you think he is. Ask if you don't see the mistakes, be sure to try to figure out the bonus clip on the bottom of a counter-ambush gone bad.

Picked the first 6 explainable darius pentakills I found when I typed "darius pentakill" into youtube. Some of which seemed to be made for arguements in favor of the darius OP arguement. Remember that I avoided any video that mentioned a glitch or bug.
explainable refers not to the fact that I find the penta's easy to dismiss but rather that the video was not just a bunch of difficult to see blurs and rapid hard to distinguish movements. I don't believe any of these were bot games.

Bad judgement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kttLM2pAoFA

pinned down in lost battles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aem_yK5wPtw

a lot of misplays from each player on the enemy team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaa0R3K_Eg

This team was just bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIaYQkx-IY

the purple darius stopped to focus shen and tried to run after it was too late to disengage the enemy leaving the blue darius to kill him. Purple teams only tank, chogath arrived a bit late but he immediately went after shen and darius put some bleed on him and walked away to kill a squishy who got greedy and didn't leave and died shooting darius. Twitch was playing assassin and targeted ashe and succeeded in killing a carry but died in the process, not a bad thing but he shouldnt have sat there with darius approaching when he could just disengage and return to unload whatever had at his disposal while everyone was distracted. I can only imagine what else I find wrong with this, but ultimately the darius penta was caused by bad decision making and ignoring simple rules like don't focus the tank if you don't need to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFX0SAhA1qg

This made me lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrjzb_I8ewI

Edit: Almost didn't add this one. Took me a sec to figure out how this one happened, three mistakes, two major one minor, lets see if you can figure it out on your first try!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBaRCI0mLeg

He is broken no matter how hard you try to disprove it.

lemonpartyfan0

10-08-2012

Quote:
AwesomeGuy09:

More likely you are just a baddie.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-08-2012

Quote:
AwesomeGuy09:

Your absolute denial of possibility is dwarfed by my analysis of even 1 youtube video. If he's so broken no matter how hard I try you shouldn't have any trouble at least creating reasonable doubt right? If it is reasonable to doubt that darius may be op then it shouldn't be too hard to find a video I can't counter.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-08-2012

Quote:
Ashi Lennon:
I'll get it out of the way. I feel Darius is OP, And frankly, I don't have a counter argument.

I can tell you though, That I'm sick of him.

I'm sick of people telling me he is easily countered, just play Irelia or Kayle or whoever, Because Maybe I don't really want play Any of these counters EVERY single game, because I know for certain that some tryhard will play him every single time.

Point and case being, I'm tired of playing against him. I don't ban him because I'm afraid of him,I've just had enough of him. I don't know what tier character he is, and frankly I don't care. I don't want to sit around countering him all the time.

League of Legends is fun because of the amazing variety of characters you can play, HOWEVER, only as long as that Variety includes Darius every time.

Irelia counters him very well without confining you to one champ, you just weren't paying attention. Ill help you out.

Quote:
Ashi Lennon:

]I'll get it out of the way. I feel Darius is OP, And frankly, I don't have a counter argument.

"Balance in all things"
~irelia

What she means is if you don't have a counterarguement your arguement itself is likely offbalance.

Quote:
Ashi Lennon:

"Exploit every weakness"
~ darius

"You rely on your weapons too much, TRY LETTING GO!"

Who will you listen to? Which philosophy will you follow? What good is picking irelia and playing darius? You see, relying on counters to win will only weaken your team and make you unhappy as will repeatedly choosing darius and being a failure the second you run into a remotely decent player.
Those who simply counterpick shall be left in the dust as others grow.

Quote:
Ashi Lennon:

Point and case being, I'm tired of playing against him. I don't ban him because I'm afraid of him, I've just had enough of him. I don't know what tier character he is, and frankly I don't care. I don't want to sit around countering him all the time.

"/laugh + plz stop gesture"
~irelia

Mostly self explanitory. Darius is trash teir. Darius has failed in each of his tournament appearances. Darius can be countered with basic strategy even when fed if you have the time to do so. And darius has little say in how much time you have.

Quote:
Ashi Lennon:

"Not only is my blade precise, its totally gnarly!
/surfing motion"
~Irelia

Irelia's blade, she doesn't say who its precise against. It simply is. She doesn't say who its gnarly to fight against. It simply is and irelia is simply is as she hangs ten going with the flow of the wind before you in mid air. Let go of your weapons and find true extensions of yourself so that you too can call your tools of choice bot precise and totally gnarly!

Quote:
darius]
Noxus willl rise!
[/quote]
"
:

Never retreat!

"Balance in all things"
~Irelia

Quote:
darius:

/dance

"Balance in all things" > "/laugh" > "/dance"
~irelia

See how hard irelia counters darius? Had your mind been balanced you'd have heard irelia's wisdom as well as seen darius's threat. There are three issues you need to get past.

1. There is not only one way to play darius, every single one is different in small ways sometimes large. This is because that's how awkward and difficult to succeed with champs are treated. You will never see two of the same darius, you will see the same graves or riven every single game however.

2. There's a misconception that only 2 - 10 champs can deal with darius?

Currently I count over 80 champions with an answer to darius and at least 60 of those don't involve running away with no intention of attacking him again.

3. There's a need to hardcounter darius?

No, there isn't, even if he snoballs he won't get much done unless he can afford to teamfight under turrets with no real sustain. Remember that he's melee with no attack speed steriod at all.

Edit: literally just pick whatever champ you like without regard to whether or not darius is picked. Use your ban wisely.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-19-2012

bump for not wanting weak champs to be even less interesting

A Prop Phone

10-19-2012

OP or UP, he is absolutely ZERO fun to play against because after a few trades he WILL just press R to kill you. No other straight tanky champion can Press R and finish off the last 1/3 of your HP. In top lane you will be killed as soon as you are out of potions.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-19-2012

Quote:
A Prop Phone:
OP or UP, he is absolutely ZERO fun to play against because after a few trades he WILL just press R to kill you. No other straight tanky champion can Press R and finish off the last 1/3 of your HP. In top lane you will be killed as soon as you are out of potions.

chogath does
swain kindof does
talon does
Olaf presses a different button but same thing.
Karthus top does
fiora does
yorwick does
warwick does
lux does
kennen kindof does
Mundo basically does
Ez does from bot lane
ashe does from anywhere

there are many more who do and you know what all the above have in common? they can beat darius in lane

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

Bump cuz I'm seeing the QQ again.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
the complaint about darius is that he can do that damage and still build straight tanky.

this got 35 upvotes. It's like this one post put so many peoples tears into words lol.