Darius OP??? prove it?

12345612 ... 41
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokoma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Please explain the "Bad Judgement" On the first Video

This video poster states that:

1) I was not targeted until i killed Ashe and Fiddlesticks.

well thats because they were trying to kill Malzahar and Nunu who had less tankiness and potentially Fight changing ultis, Also Darius was at full hp, if they focused Darius Nunu and Malza would have the chance to use their ultis relatively unhindered

2) The double buffs from Fiddlesticks gave me more sustained damage and mana for ults.

The Red gave darius more damage yes, but the Mana regen from blue would not have made much difference in that short of a time frame. Though the CDR might.

3) Riven missed her ult for nunu increasing the time to get to me and wastes the ult.
This one I get

4) Caitlyn helped me by focusing Riven which barely got the kill.
How else is an ad carry supposed to be an ad carry?

5) The tick from my passive got the kill for me on Riven.
Which was why they nerfed the passive but this post is about Darius being Op or not so the penta is not taken into account.

6) Talon was an idiot for running around me to target Caitlyn allowing me to live with such slim hp.
Talon chose to focus the squishy ad carry instead of the relatively tanky guy. I think this could of gone bad or good either way.
He could of killed Darius and Cait would of killed him, Or he could of killed both of you guys with Sona's help.

I'm not saying for sure Darius is OP or UP, its just you seem to bias this video with "Bad Judgement" For lack of a better counter to your Post and the video
Exactly, Talon is a great counter pick because he can apply a DoT to Darius, slow him and silence with the burst, then run away safely.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Please explain the "Bad Judgement" On the first Video

This video poster states that:

1) I was not targeted until i killed Ashe and Fiddlesticks.

well thats because they were trying to kill Malzahar and Nunu who had less tankiness and potentially Fight changing ultis, Also Darius was at full hp, if they focused Darius, Nunu and Malza would have the chance to use their ultis relatively unhindered

2) The double buffs from Fiddlesticks gave me more sustained damage and mana for ults.

The Red gave darius more damage yes, but the Mana regen from blue would not have made much difference in that short of a time frame. Though the CDR might.

3) Riven missed her ult for nunu increasing the time to get to me and wastes the ult.
This one I get

4) Caitlyn helped me by focusing Riven which barely got the kill.
How else is an ad carry supposed to be an ad carry?

5) The tick from my passive got the kill for me on Riven.
Which was why they nerfed the passive but this post is about Darius being Op or not so the penta is not taken into account.

6) Talon was an idiot for running around me to target Caitlyn allowing me to live with such slim hp.
Talon chose to focus the squishy ad carry instead of the relatively tanky guy. I think this could of gone bad or good either way.
He could of killed Darius and Cait would of killed him, Or he could of killed both of you guys with Sona's help.

I'm not saying for sure Darius is OP or UP, its just you seem to bias this video with "Bad Judgement" For lack of a better counter to your Post and the video
0:07 malzahar appears and begins attacking. Has most of his health and takes a poke, darius just kinda doing his thing.
0:08 fiddle and sona vs mal. This is doable, but nunu appears.
0:09 riven appears, this can be done
0:10 mal is at half health riven is there and his teammates are arriving. He just flashes out with fiddle chasing
0:11 fiddles sees darius, not saying he panicked but he flashed away from nunu who was coming but he further separated himself from the team in front of a wounded mal.
0:12 fiddles is in trouble, cait is ignored, ashe and talon arrive. Sona tries to heal but its too late
0:13 talon has a chance to assassinate mal, while the others are focused on nunu, cait is still being ignored. Fiddles has taken heavy damage another poke will kill him he can't be saved. The ignored caitlyn starts attacking
0:14 Caitlyn is firing into the enemy team cluster as they focus nunu. Nunu runs towards talon as he takes mal down.
0:15-0:25 talon and the dieing fiddles quickly take down mal, this was good, and talon is at almost full health and took a hit from darius. Wisely he chose to retreat instead of staying to 1v1 a bruiser with an assassin while cait, still ignored was firing at them and nnunu was nearby. Darius finishes fiddle off and nunu tries to get away from riven, ashe, and sona who are giving him a beating. The chasers now make their bad judgment call.

0:26 talon is running from nunu, nunu is running after talon and away from riven, ashe, and sona. Darius is just kindof standing there autoattacking whatever he can as they come and go. Caitlyn is following and shooting still.
0:27 darius has hit riven and goes after him alongside ashe(squishy team carry) and sona(squishy team support mage) who are also chasing nunu(aka still focusing the tank)... alongside...caitlyn is right behind and shooting into the fishbarrel still ignored.
0:28 darius spins his axe hitting 2 squishies that were focusing a tank.
0:29 darius is still attacking their carry but they successfully kill the tank they were focusing. Ashe stops to poke darius, perhaps realizing she was going to die.
0:30 riven turns around to try and help ashe who isn't going to make it and has sacrificed herself to put frost on darius.
0:31 darius ults ashe caitlyn is still ignored. The remaining three come to help as riven tries to take down darius

after this talon makes the smart decision to pay attention to caitlyn but she gets several shots off on riven giving darius a chance to hit her and burst her down. Squishy sona has now been left alone and talon is finally attacking the carry but its too late.

0:39 Another bad judgement call. Sona goes up next to darius with a third of her health missing despite having a chance to escape. Talon and cait have been fighting in a bush. Talon gets exhausten and cait just runs away as darius stands next to two squishies and spins. Talon is trapped with two slows on him. Execution.

Sona who went back, again ignoring the bruiser that took a 3rd of her health and killed her carry the last time she ignored him. Needless to say she didn't escape.

The biggest offenders here were ashe and sona. Two squishies, one was a carry the other was a support champ. While focusing a tank they walked up to darius completely ignoring him. And when things got bad they stayed nearby to fight him all while ignoring the enemy carry. They almost kill tanked up darius but darius doesnt even have to chase them because they stand right next to him while he passes out hemmorage like candy. The carry finally gets focused but by then its already too late, but sona doesn't seem to realize this. So she goes to talon making the same mistake she just made before. Standing next to darius and ignoring him simultaniously.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoma View Post
Exactly, Talon is a great counter pick because he can apply a DoT to Darius, slow him and silence with the burst, then run away safely.
Unfortunately, this talon did his job instead of focusing darius. And so, after the teamfight mage died in a successful ambush the carry was killed while focusing a tank while standing next to darius with the support who was also ingoring the bruiser standing right next to them in plain sight all the while the enemy carry was just putting out whatever damage she could going unchecked for a while. Riven mightof been able to do something to darius but the carry was putting out too much damage, talon attacked the carry like a good assassin should but darius had an ace up his sleeve, exhaust. Caitlyn put riven in kill range and ran before talon could pull the same stunt he pulled on mal not too long ago. Riven died and talon, who had done his part, died a horrible death as sona just kindof stood there with no real reason to be there unless she thought she could stop it somehow. Maybe her ult was coming off cooldown? Either way, the ult didn't happen.

KyoBro

07-24-2012

Well couldn't they make him have a massive cool down time if he misses? It would make less spam happy dariuses.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoBro View Post
Well couldn't they make him have a massive cool down time if he misses? It would make less spam happy dariuses.
Maybe, but this darius. But the problem isn't his ult. As you can see in the above post his ult is a minor issue. I imagine thrundle or olaf could've done just as well in this same situation. The ult is irrelevant. Its range is around 475 units and darious cant use his abilities while moving anyways. Bad decisions and sloppy play are what make darius powerful. He feeds off weakness.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystic Goose View Post
This

I have seen a full tank build Darius that still does insane amounts of damage with his ulti

if they changed his ulti off true damage everything would be fine.
The darius ult is a punishment for sloppy, unattentive play in a fast paced real time strategy game. It shouldn't deal true damage, it should be an autogib with conditions that help to judge the player its used on like a 5 stack requirement.

holy bongos

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
the complaint about darius is that he can do that damage and still build straight tanky.
Oh you mean like all the other tanky dps in this game that can build straight tank and do a ton of damage?

Shen, Sion, Mundo, Singed etc. etc.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailums View Post
Oh you mean like all the other tanky dps in this game that can build straight tank and do a ton of damage?

Shen, Sion, Mundo, Singed etc. etc.
Yes, exactly like the rest of the fighter/bruiser/off-tank class.
Part of the real problem is that riot never actually put anything into the game that discusses typical champ roles and how they work. Or why if you use 5 fighter champs youre gonna lol really hard during the laning phase and just get facerolled in the first real teamfight.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Still waiting on that OP darius vid I can't explain. I didn't put many limits on it what kind of vids you can post. Just don't post glitches and bugs and all them other hax. I wanna see darius for what he is and see if he's op as intended not accidentally.

Btw some of these vids are from before the nerf and can still be justified as the result of human error without much difficulty. I'm not picking at hairs, the last literally stood next to darius

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Bump for nerfing the phobia into the ground before the champ is.

12345612 ... 41