Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

The biggest problem here is that you're looking at penta-videos. Those are rarely a reason for anybody to determine balance. I could get a penta with Heimer. I could get a penta with Eve. I could build glass cannon AP Nunu, dispite that having very limited use in a real game, and get a penta.

Pentas are very often the result of a screwup on the opposing side and luck. No skill needs to be involved. The champion involved doesn't really matter unless they're doing something crazy like a 1v5 with no items and even levels. Quit trying to use everyday sort of Pentas for a balancing purpose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Prop Phone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

I just queue dodge whenever I see a darius or I ban him. Problem solved.

If it's blind pick and he gets fed and no one surrenders I'll probably afk so he can't get any pentakills.

a prop phone


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyManyMinions

Senior Member

07-30-2012

It takes a lot of range and crowd control to shut him down. It CAN happen, but he will beat nearly every single enemy melee champion in the game. And he WILL execute a lot of players in those team fights. A tanky Darius, which is the most common build, deals a HEAVY amount of damage despite building not a single item that offers up damage for him. That is why we feel he is too powerful.

In my opinion, every time a player chooses to build a tank, they should sacrifice most damage that they deal and their tankiness should allow them survive in team fights and offer support to teammates and crowd controls but should not be able to 1v1 the most dominant AD Carries. This is my opinion.

However, I feel Volibear is an exception, as he is labeled as both, a Tank AND a Fighter. There is no other champion in the game who shares both of those titles but Volibear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyManyMinions

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
The biggest problem here is that you're looking at penta-videos. Those are rarely a reason for anybody to determine balance. I could get a penta with Heimer. I could get a penta with Eve. I could build glass cannon AP Nunu, dispite that having very limited use in a real game, and get a penta.

Pentas are very often the result of a screwup on the opposing side and luck. No skill needs to be involved. The champion involved doesn't really matter unless they're doing something crazy like a 1v5 with no items and even levels. Quit trying to use everyday sort of Pentas for a balancing purpose.
I have an idea. Show me videos of your pentakills with Heimerdinger, AP Glass Cannon Nunu, and Eve. Show them to us. You see, with most every champion, a great deal of skill is required to pull of Pentakills. With Darius, very little skill is needed.

RIOT admittedly built Darius to be a champion who could get Pentakills on a regular basis. I watched the video that discussed him being too owerful in the patch video directly following his realease. The patch directly following Darius' patch had a video that talked about a change to Darius, and the commentator, maybe Phreak, stated that he is designed to get Pentakills.

In my reply here is all of the information that you need.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyManyMinions View Post
I have an idea. Show me videos of your pentakills with Heimerdinger, AP Glass Cannon Nunu, and Eve. Show them to us. You see, with most every champion, a great deal of skill is required to pull of Pentakills. With Darius, very little skill is needed.

RIOT admittedly built Darius to be a champion who could get Pentakills on a regular basis. I watched the video that discussed him being too owerful in the patch video directly following his realease. The patch directly following Darius' patch had a video that talked about a change to Darius, and the commentator, maybe Phreak, stated that he is designed to get Pentakills.

In my reply here is all of the information that you need.
Sure, just stand around/walk around randomly while I kill you. There doesn't need to be any skill involved lol. Even in actual games it's often luck that nets you those kills rather than your teammates getting them. Case and point, Grasshyren has a video of a Vayne getting a penta after four kills and then dying, a teammate powers down the guy, then the last tick of red buff steals it.

He's designed to get pentas, yes. Phreak admitted it in that patch preview. So if I showed you a video of Eve killing low health targets repeatedly because they made mistakes, does that make Eve balanced? I agree with you there's little skill involved with playing Darius and that's the main reason why I hate the guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
The biggest problem here is that you're looking at penta-videos.
I never limited anyone to penta vids. Penta's are just the common example of "why darius is op" so I used them as an example and gathered the first bunch of random darius penta vids with no mention of a bug or glitch or anything. You can post any sort of example you like. Just avoid bug vids or glitch or hax vids. Unless its a common issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyManyMinions

Senior Member

07-30-2012

I bought Darius first day because I knew how strong he would be - based on his summoner profile video.

Playing him, I found that without going for a lot of damage to start the game, I got under fed because It's not as easy to generate a creep score as it is with a lot of other champions. After I changed his runes, I had a few really strong games.

I'll tell you what's funny. Stopping Darius' ult chains by Using Kayle's ult on the guy he's about to execute! Hey buddy where'd that Instant Refresh Go!? Kayle's my favorite champion.


I solo'd Darius top lane with a rather squishy mana replenish pantheon build and I beat him. I was 3/1 or better after he had gotten the first kill on me (which was a little discouraging to be honest, thinking about that extra gold he had over me and that I'd be fighting uphill against a building). But I soon got even. He can be beaten. Ranged champs with Crowd Control can keep him from getting too strong in laning phase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyManyMinions

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Sure, just stand around/walk around randomly while I kill you. There doesn't need to be any skill involved lol. Even in actual games it's often luck that nets you those kills rather than your teammates getting them. Case and point, Grasshyren has a video of a Vayne getting a penta after four kills and then dying, a teammate powers down the guy, then the last tick of red buff steals it.

He's designed to get pentas, yes. Phreak admitted it in that patch preview. So if I showed you a video of Eve killing low health targets repeatedly because they made mistakes, does that make Eve balanced? I agree with you there's little skill involved with playing Darius and that's the main reason why I hate the guy.
To your question of Eve being balanced by killing low hp enemies... Your point is useless and serves no purpose. Eve probably IS balanced. So?

To your first comment, what would a video of you killing me while I walk in circles do? How does that help your argument? It doesn't. Not at all. It only shows that, no, you actually haven't gotten penta kills with those champions. Does that mean Darius is OP? I don't think so.

I'd rather face a Darius than many other champions that too badly outrange me. Range is a bigger factor than Darius' ability to last hit champs. And Crowd Control is an even bigger factor than range in the game. And if you add Range with Crowd Control on one team, well... what you get after that is usually Rage. That's as OP as it gets. Not Darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shargun

Senior Member

07-31-2012

I remember playing as chogath at top with him. My role was melee, caster, part-jungler, support, tanky DPS, AP fighter, hybrid bruiser AD carry, teemo (and darius) ****er. All I did was land 3 successful ruptures and when he tries to kill me (note we were both level 3) all I have to do is stand in minions, rupture him, feral scream him and he usually dies without even whipping out ignite. His early game damage is fairly poor, his range is and will always be poor and his health is laughable.

I think the trick to beating darius is to actually be aggressive early game in order to make him think about what he can or can't do without his noxian guillotine or his health and AD items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargun View Post
I remember playing as chogath at top with him. My role was melee, caster, part-jungler, support, tanky DPS, AP fighter, hybrid bruiser AD carry, teemo (and darius) ****er. All I did was land 3 successful ruptures and when he tries to kill me (note we were both level 3) all I have to do is stand in minions, rupture him, feral scream him and he usually dies without even whipping out ignite. His early game damage is fairly poor, his range is and will always be poor and his health is laughable.

I think the trick to beating darius is to actually be aggressive early game in order to make him think about what he can or can't do without his noxian guillotine or his health and AD items.
That's no trick that's a battleship!!! Erm I mean battleplan! A trick isn't simple and basic expected thing that shuts down the enemy. That's just answering a threat. Calling something like that a trick is like saying ganking is a "trick".