Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slurpnburp

07-26-2012

Quote:
Overlord Heian:
Tribunal is still a fairly flawed system. People who have been banned enough will, apparently, fill chat with nonsense if they're afraid of being reported. I've had games where players complain about others, like "omg stole blue" or "stealing my minions/kills/etc", even if nobody is around them. It's all based on chat, and you can just LIE in the chat.

I've been accused of being afk while still pushing my lane. People will say anything to make themselves seem like the victim.

I'm not sure why event tags are not associated to items and monsters and kills etc. So they can be validated. Anyhow, in idea, I like the tribunal. We're very premature when it comes to internet communication still. A sense of boundaries, a code of respect isn't uncalled for.

That being said I find trolls to be a lot like advertising. Let them go nuts, because eventually most people learn to filter it all out.

Xanthian93

07-29-2012

It's hilarious how people think Darius is so OP. He's the kind of champion that if you let him get to you, you're dead. Period. But most melee champions have some sort of ranged attack to harass or kite. And if Darius is after you, find your ranged AD carry or AP carry and have them wipe the floor with him. His range is terrible, and for a good reason due to his extremely powerful ultimate. He's not impossible if you play against him right. Problem is not many know how to and end up getting wiped out by his ultimate. As it's been stated before, the rest of his skills are weak so his ultimate will shine. It's different for sure, but if you know what you're doing, he won't get easy pentakills.

Shargun

07-29-2012

The reason darius got those penta-kills is because he used his ult every time yes? But also, on some of his kills, he didn't land the last hit but because of a 1 or 2 second grace period, his ult went back off cooldown anyway. The funny thing that makes using these videos invalid is the fact that these were all made before the patch that saw that nerfed so you're proving that darius is OP because he got nerfed just by adding these videos. That's a fail

Zaurok

07-30-2012

His ult is still on the OP side. There's many ways they can nerf it without breaking the champ.

-Killing reducing the CD to 4-6 seconds (instead of making it 0).
-Removing the true damage from the base, bonus or both.
-Transferring some of the damage to the stacks so that it doesn't hit as hard without stacks.
-Reducing the range somewhat to use.

IMO the real problem with the ult is not really the damage but the fact that it's spammable when you get kills. And it's further fueled by the high damage even without stacks (because it's true damage).

Dantes Awakening

07-30-2012

Just 1v1'd a Darius more fed than me at close range with Caitlyn and won... EC plus exhaust = OP i guess?

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-30-2012

Quote:
Shargun:
The reason darius got those penta-kills is because he used his ult every time yes?
no, it was because people don't understand positioning. His ult is a tool but not the means. Notice that darius rarely even moved further than 1000 units from where he started fighting in all these vids. Notice how much his teammates around him did but nobody notices. See how ppl foolishly stand right next to him. These dariuses don't even have to rush themselves

Quote:
Shargun:
But also, on some of his kills, he didn't land the last hit but because of a 1 or 2 second grace period, his ult went back off cooldown anyway. The funny thing that makes using these videos invalid is the fact that these were all made before the patch that saw that nerfed so you're proving that darius is OP because he got nerfed just by adding these videos. That's a fail

Nerf does not mean overpowered. darius was nerfed for being uncool and overly rewarding despite the lack of skill needed. And so I ask for a video showing that darius is overpowered. Prepatch is fine. Just show me a video where the actions of the opponent had little to no part in why he did extremely well for his team.

cuchullain

Recruiter

07-30-2012

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
Nerf does not mean overpowered. darius was nerfed for being uncool and overly rewarding despite the lack of skill needed. And so I ask for a video showing that darius is overpowered.

The problem is, this is still the case.

You are right that he has huge flaws that can be used pretty easily to shut him down, but he is still too good at doing huge damage at close range. He is more than just "anit-melee," he can build tanky and still kill almost any champ that gets close to him at 3/4 health in 2-3 seconds, for most of the game. Avoiding melee range at all costs is a pretty serious condition to place on a team during teamfights, especially other melee champs who are supposed to be good at that. This may not make him a strong choice for serious play, but it certainly makes him a pain in the ass, and likely to drain fun from the game for other players. This is especially true at mid and lower ELO, and among players who are, god forbid, not even level 30.

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
Yeah kinda. I can believe he gets more pentakills than intended. but there's a few issues.

[...]

If that's the case then the pentakills are the result of an overall game design flaw not a character design flaw.

But yes, I could believe that even if it wasn't a direct morello quote. But even the videos I've seen so far seem to suggest that this is the result of people not having enough information or discipline or something. Personally I dislike the idea that any and every champ is allowed to be used in every mode of play without regard for the skill level of the players. I feel that darius is balanced and yet he warps the game somewhat. Not a problem for someone willing to go through youtube videos and analyze them but what about those people who actually click "new to rts" when they make their new account.

Basically, Riot released a champ designed to killsteal pentas against teams that make the mistake of getting close to him at less than full life, while still being almost as tough as a tank. Darius asks the low-mid player, "do you want to win every time someone is dumb enough to fight you?" He is the ultimate pubstomper. Do you remember Twitch when the game was first released? It was a similar situation.

In most cases, the game should be balanced for competitive play. But, if Riot is going to release champions like this, for whatever reason (*cough* money *cough cough*), then they will have no choice to nerf them down from ridiculous pubstomping status (after everyone has bought them).

And, I'm not that good a player, so I guess imad.

P.S. I think you know you're not going to get that video, because if a team played perfectly against Darius, he would clearly not be getting a pentakill, or probably doing much at all. The best example of flawless play showing Darius being too strong might just be the enemy team being forced to avoid him, and getting killed by Darius' teammates. I doubt there's a video of that.

Rhadeonyc

07-30-2012

OK i hav read some serius ****** post, like the one that says hes not OP just dont let him get to you because u will be dead... oh the best part when he says, find ur closest AD or AP carry to wipe him down, so ur telling me that if im melee range i need to hav and AD or AP range to killl him, that dosnt sound OP at all

txtmsg

07-30-2012

Quote:
Grailums:
Funny thing is LeBlanc can easily do as much damage as Darius can with her Q and R and it's on a much, much smaller cooldown.

WHAT THE FAK!? lower CD than no ult CD?

holy bongos

07-30-2012

Quote:
cuchullain:
The problem is, this is still the case.

You are right that he has huge flaws that can be used pretty easily to shut him down, but he is still too good at doing huge damage at close range. He is more than just "anit-melee," he can build tanky and still kill almost any champ that gets close to him at 3/4 health in 2-3 seconds, for most of the game.

You mean like every other bruiser character in this game? Tanky DPS rules all, get with the program.