Darius OP??? prove it?

1234511 ... 41
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-23-2012

Learn from these mistakes, no matter how OP or UP you think he is. Ask if you don't see the mistakes, be sure to try to figure out the bonus clip on the bottom of a counter-ambush gone bad.

Picked the first 6 explainable darius pentakills I found when I typed "darius pentakill" into youtube. Some of which seemed to be made for arguements in favor of the darius OP arguement. Remember that I avoided any video that mentioned a glitch or bug.
explainable refers not to the fact that I find the penta's easy to dismiss but rather that the video was not just a bunch of difficult to see blurs and rapid hard to distinguish movements. I don't believe any of these were bot games.

Bad judgement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kttLM2pAoFA

pinned down in lost battles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aem_yK5wPtw

a lot of misplays from each player on the enemy team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaa0R3K_Eg

This team was just bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIaYQkx-IY

the purple darius stopped to focus shen and tried to run after it was too late to disengage the enemy leaving the blue darius to kill him. Purple teams only tank, chogath arrived a bit late but he immediately went after shen and darius put some bleed on him and walked away to kill a squishy who got greedy and didn't leave and died shooting darius. Twitch was playing assassin and targeted ashe and succeeded in killing a carry but died in the process, not a bad thing but he shouldnt have sat there with darius approaching when he could just disengage and return to unload whatever had at his disposal while everyone was distracted. I can only imagine what else I find wrong with this, but ultimately the darius penta was caused by bad decision making and ignoring simple rules like don't focus the tank if you don't need to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFX0SAhA1qg

This made me lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrjzb_I8ewI

Edit: Almost didn't add this one. Took me a sec to figure out how this one happened, three mistakes, two major one minor, lets see if you can figure it out on your first try!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBaRCI0mLeg

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-23-2012

BTW

I'm nobody special, just a cereal box out to destroy all your internets!
Most people stopping by will also be nobody special.
Post a vid see if it can be explained as anything other than flat out overpoweredness. Surely there's an example someone at my level couldn't explain away if darius is OP right?

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2snowboard1996 View Post
cereal if you watch the second from the bottom he uses his ulti to half shot graves
0:09 graves takes a poke and bleeds for a bit.
0:10 graves stands there shooting a smoke bomb into their team and keeps shooting at something as darius casually walks around him. still bleeding
0:11 darius starts attacking him casually. Graves just stands there shooting. still bleeding
0:12 darius uses his axe spin and graves tries to run away by going past darius back to midlane. graves already has 5 stacks. still bleeding
0:13 800 health. 5 stacks. Running in the wrong direction. To the guillotine. He deserved it.

holy bongos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2012

Funny thing is LeBlanc can easily do as much damage as Darius can with her Q and R and it's on a much, much smaller cooldown.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailums View Post
Funny thing is LeBlanc can easily do as much damage as Darius can with her Q and R and it's on a much, much smaller cooldown.
the complaint about darius is that he can do that damage and still build straight tanky.

The Mystic Goose

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
the complaint about darius is that he can do that damage and still build straight tanky.
This

I have seen a full tank build Darius that still does insane amounts of damage with his ulti

if they changed his ulti off true damage everything would be fine.

HonorableGeneral

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystic Goose View Post
This

I have seen a full tank build Darius that still does insane amounts of damage with his ulti

If they changed his ulti off true damage he'd be garbage. The rest of his skills don't scale hard enough late-game to justify removing his true-damage ulti.

If you want his true-damage ulti gone, you need to rework the rest of his skills as they're purposefully weaker than they should be so that his ult can shine.

I consider him a late-game liability since he contributes almost no damage except when mopping up the enemy team and gold-starving the AD carry of kills. When I go against him, I understand I need to build a bit of health to counter him, and I need to kite effectively. Other than that, I tell my teammates to shy away from playing him as much as possible since his ability to carry is solely based on his own team being good enough to feed him kills that he otherwise would be unable to get himself because the rest of his kit doesn't do enough damage to let him one-shot with his ulti.

Vencu

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystic Goose View Post
This

his ult needs to do true damage, without it he's trash

There have only been 2 ever decent suggestions i've seen for darius's ult

#1 if used consecutive times within X seconds damage of ult goes down by x%

#2 Require ult to have x amount of hemorrhage stacks in order to do true damage, otherwise it does physical damage

I think his ult is fine, because if you let him get all 5 hemmo stacks on you, you deserve to get chunked, but, if it were to be nerfed, one of those 2 things would actually be an acceptable nerf to his ult IMO, making his ult do flat physical damage, or not refresh would actually break his kit

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-23-2012

I'm sure there's tons of feel good fixes to the darius ult. But this is about proving the current darius is broken. I've yet to see an example that doesn't involve poor play. Especially in the one that made me lol

Aria Sachou

07-23-2012

Please explain the "Bad Judgement" On the first Video

This video poster states that:

1) I was not targeted until i killed Ashe and Fiddlesticks.

well thats because they were trying to kill Malzahar and Nunu who had less tankiness and potentially Fight changing ultis, Also Darius was at full hp, if they focused Darius, Nunu and Malza would have the chance to use their ultis relatively unhindered

2) The double buffs from Fiddlesticks gave me more sustained damage and mana for ults.

The Red gave darius more damage yes, but the Mana regen from blue would not have made much difference in that short of a time frame. Though the CDR might.

3) Riven missed her ult for nunu increasing the time to get to me and wastes the ult.
This one I get

4) Caitlyn helped me by focusing Riven which barely got the kill.
How else is an ad carry supposed to be an ad carry?

5) The tick from my passive got the kill for me on Riven.
Which was why they nerfed the passive but this post is about Darius being Op or not so the penta is not taken into account.

6) Talon was an idiot for running around me to target Caitlyn allowing me to live with such slim hp.
Talon chose to focus the squishy ad carry instead of the relatively tanky guy. I think this could of gone bad or good either way.
He could of killed Darius and Cait would of killed him, Or he could of killed both of you guys with Sona's help.

I'm not saying for sure Darius is OP or UP, its just you seem to bias this video with "Bad Judgement" For lack of a better counter to your Post and the video

1234511 ... 41