Champion Spotlight: Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

573v1n

07-24-2012

I remember the Leona and Ahri delays. I never got pissed on any of them and even on all the others. This one though....... Almost 24 hours since a champion spot light and no info? Good job riot! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ) ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻( ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノ ಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Czikkan Hardt

07-24-2012

There will be no difference between the PBE version and the live one. Get on there and use her skin for free, too. Whatever. Done wasting my time waiting. Would play Twitch, but they buried him, so....there's that.

Katsutoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

She seems like she would be a decent support as well, in my opinion.

WillyWilton

07-24-2012

She's out.

RumpRoastMcLarge

07-24-2012

I wonder if she is going to be broken.

Czikkan Hardt

07-24-2012

I knew that all I had to do was stop waiting.

rajo101

07-24-2012

Initially, my thoughts were "Blackthorn Morgana with a different character, could Riot at least do something more... special?" Now I am nothing less than astonished! Ohhh the Qs!!! I love it!

blissless

07-24-2012

(crosspost)

okay, so i must say i'm pleasantly surprised (i didn't play her on the PBE so this is the first i've seen of her).

i still don't know if she's actually any good or not (she's very, very skillshot dependent, and her base damages/ratios are meh), but...

she's an absolute blast to play. she feels exactly like what heimer always should have been: her plants/seeds are fluid, adaptive and lend themselves to all kinds of forward-thinking and combos. they aren't really at all comparable to JITBs or shrooms, they feel a lot more like a much better version of some of the older dota champs who used pets or summonables. you can do a lot of really cool things like zoning, predicting with seeds, using your E and then quickly planting a seed and hitting Q before the animation is finished to get a stun and a bunch of deeps out quickly.

even her sound effects are immensely satisfying.

what's especially nice is that with the free CDR, you can just get something like frozen heart to bring it up to the CDR cap, at which point your ult is on a ~1 min cooldown and your nukes/plants are pretty much only limited by how many seeds you're carrying. it gives her a very team-fighty, sustainy sort of feel... i get the impression that she'll be quite strong in lane (although maybe not as strong as a real burst mage) while equally good in small skirmishes.

so yeah, i don't know if maybe it's a result of her being in testing/development for so long but she's really just a great hero, if she turns out to be too weak or too strong it'll only be in the numbers. her concept and execution is nigh flawless.

Petersfun

07-24-2012

s

Demeroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2012

good