Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anak1n 5kywalk3r

Recruiter

07-24-2012

I like how her seeds can grow into turrets and also she has so many cc >.<

Mobster4life

07-24-2012

This new champ sounds awesome and all but sounds like her plants out play Heimerdinger's turrets. I think Heimerdinger would need a buff, cause her plants are more reliable than Heimerdingers's, they look smarter.

Zealm

Recruiter

07-24-2012

So now this needs to be done to heimerdinger to make him competitive, the auto attack targeting thing for his turrets.

Menkhor

07-24-2012

Seriously... where the **** is she??

DragonScy

Recruiter

07-24-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Current word is this evening (which I define as anytime after 7pm)

I'll update if I hear any changes. Release details can change with bugs and such.

Dunno if this has been posted in here already. But there ya go, guys.

Psykios

07-24-2012

Dear Morello,

But seriously, Zyra's a great Champion, and not just a recycle. She appears to be well balanced, thematically cohesive, commands intelligent play, and overall a great new addition to the world of Runeterra.
I love her design, her appearance, her Kit, and even her voiceover (I can hear the plants screaming into the microphone). I like her concept and her personality, shown in her art designs and voiceovers, stance, and movement style. You have created a great champion and a true work of art.

I do have one question, however, that still seems weakly answered by her otherwise suitable lore...Why is she fighting in the League of Legends?
Because she's blood thirsty? Hungry for Conquest? Because she hates Humans, or everything that can't photosynthesize, in general?

She seems to have no real, tangible connection to the League--or to any other Champion of the League for that matter--and it doesn't make much sense to me. When I first read her lore, I liked it, but it seemed missing something, kind of like Shyvanna's and Jayce's Lore.
Am I just not reading enough into her lore?

Sincerely,

You Fan, Psykios =)

YungCasanova

07-24-2012

so when are you actually releasing her? the champion spotlight got me all exited for nothing today...

Psykios

07-24-2012

Dear Morello,

But seriously, Zyra's a great Champion, and not just a recycle. She appears to be well balanced, thematically cohesive, commands intelligent play, and overall a great new addition to the world of Runeterra.
I love her design, her appearance, her Kit, and even her voiceover (I can hear the plants screaming into the microphone). I like her concept and her personality, shown in her art designs and voiceovers, stance, and movement style. You have created a great champion and a true work of art.

I do have one question, however, that still seems weakly answered by her otherwise suitable lore...Why is she fighting in the League of Legends?
Because she's bloodthirsty? Hungry for Conquest? Because she hates Humans, or everything that can't photosynthesize, in general?

She seems to have no real, tangible connection to the League--or to any other Champion of the League for that matter--and it doesn't make much sense to me. When I first read her lore, I liked it, but it seemed missing something, kind of like Shyvanna's and Jayce's Lore.
Am I just not reading enough into her lore?

Sincerely,

You Fan, Psykios =)

Sepherif

07-24-2012

101 champions. YAIDS!

Pondz

07-24-2012

So will attack speed, life steal, and slows also have an affect on her plants or do their stats scale with levels?