How to survive an extremely aggressive mid lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thing O Doom

07-23-2012

I really love Akali so far, and I'm trying to learn her better.. Tried lots of combos and since I usually play burst mages or assassins ( Annie Ahri Kassadin etc..) I'd say I'm decent at her.

I do have a question though --

Since I play alot of normals, oftentimes I get MEGASUPERAGGRESSIVEI'MAKILLYOU lanes that just autoattack and spam constantly. Or lanes that push really hard. ( Mordekaiser) They harass like all-hell and push up to the tower. The shroud doesn't scare them, they just go after me constantly. I get tower-dived alot as well, and denied, and just am having issues with these hyper-aggressive players.
I know in a better game or such the jungler will gank over-extended and aggressive lanes, leading to alot of easy or free kills. Just in my current normal games either there isn't a jungler, or the jungler just ignores me (..?) and tries to gank lanes pushed to the enemy towers.

Tl;DR How do I fight a mega-aggressive mid lane, Without the help of a reliable jungler?
(When I do get a great jungler, the result of these lanes is a massacre and a really fed Akali)

also: according to LOLcave I'm around 1450-1500 normal elo. What does that mean in normals relating to my question?

Thing O Doom

07-23-2012

bump

Ulrìch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

You're playing normals and right now it doesn't matter. Lolcave is very inaccurate since they even said its 300 off.

If they're very aggressive just last hit from your turrent if I was in that situation.

Thing O Doom

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBonezYou View Post
You're playing normals and right now it doesn't matter. Lolcave is very inaccurate since they even said its 300 off.

If they're very aggressive just last hit from your turrent if I was in that situation.
It may not matter in normals, but I still would like to know how to deal with it and get better as a player. I can't quite play ranked yet, so I'd like to be able to survive some challenging normals first

I honestly have tried, but I end up getting behind in CS and poked to death then towerdived. (this is mid lane X.x)

Creepy4

07-23-2012

Without help I'd say your best bet might be to build even more hyper-aggressive than your opponent. Kill them before they can kill you.

(If they're tower diving a lot, consider Exhaust as a summoner spell. It'll cause them to take longer to escape the tower's radius, taking an extra hit or two from the tower in the process, which could be the difference between their life and death, even if they manage to kill you)

DarkBlackLight

07-23-2012

I play Jayce as a mid... and i know i constantly harrass with my acelleration gate shock blast combo, and it can drop you. most abilities dont go through your minions, so always try to stick behind your minions. sometimes i get REALLY agressive with my transform ability and what they do in that situation? Exhaust could be your best friend when im in your face: it makes me do less damage, and im slowed, meaning that if i only wanted to poke you with it i get more than i bargained for. After that? Combo your ablities and call for jungler aid. They will help you kill me. (speaking from personal experience on a solo lane against akali. I won that game but man that enemy jungler was good.)

Thing O Doom

07-23-2012

I'll try replacing ignite with exhaust, that does sound better. Also try being more aggressive when I'm in that spot. I'm currently getting eaten by target champs, but I'm fairly good at dodging skillshots. Most recently I lost to LeBlanc mid due to her extreme range on me and the clone. How would I counter her mid as Akali?
Thanks for helpful replies so far. B-)

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Don't die and kill her before she can kill you. (Pick up the null mantle portion of your lichbane REALLY early.)

DarkBlackLight

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom View Post
I'll try replacing ignite with exhaust, that does sound better. Also try being more aggressive when I'm in that spot. I'm currently getting eaten by target champs, but I'm fairly good at dodging skillshots. Most recently I lost to LeBlanc mid due to her extreme range on me and the clone. How would I counter her mid as Akali?
Thanks for helpful replies so far. B-)
Well, LeBlanc is a hard character to counter: she excels at decimating single targets early game starting at level 6-10. she falls off mid game unless she is fed. In between 1-5 make sure to get her to fear your abilities. also, as i said, she decimates single targets, so let her do a couple of abilities on you when the jungler comes to gank, meaning if you see her use an ability, that is the time for both of you to strike as it is on cooldown. if she has to use flash to escape it is still a successful gank: her summoner spell is on a 2-3 min cooldown, so you can gank her again easily.

FaerellG

07-23-2012

Leblanc is exceptional at early game in lane kills. You should not look to trade blows with her during the laning phase. Focus on avoiding death. Pack a Null Magic Mantel to start instead of your usual starting items. Focus on last hitting and not dying. If you can keep pace with LeBlanc in terms of gold without giving up more than 2 kills, then you've done pretty well.