Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Assistant Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hique

11-24-2009

To the OP:

Sorry but there are much more efficient and useful ways to play Anivia.

Using her as a support hero is not using her to her full potential.

I still don't understand why people try to build her as a tank. She is not a tank.

Rod
Arch
Void Staff/Zhoryas

The Swedish Chef

11-24-2009

Yeah, I would go with what Hique said for the most part. I like to go Boots/Rod/Tear/Void Staff then go from there depending on the circumstances. Void Staff is insanely powerful for Anivia right now.

jAmMyGoIt

12-03-2009

I have been playing her more and more as support when we have a solid tank and dps on team, and in that regard I have one addition to make as a support role: buy vision wards! There are many games I go thru $2k in wards easy, but they pay for themselves in kills and FTW!

Auke

08-25-2010

This build is horrible, not to be mean, but Anivia is way better than this !

Banpan

09-23-2010

The best way to play support anivia is by playing regular aniva... the support comes out of her spells not from buying spirit visage, thornmail, heart of gold. Also you contradict yourself a lot one example being you say

"Remni has an excellent guide that suggests Frozen Mallet. It's great in theory but in PVP you aren't really going to be autoattacking - too much of your survival depends on staying a long way away from the pointy swords of the enemy. If you have superb micro control, give it a try."

but you use Lich Bane in all your builds...

omgwtflolbbl

09-23-2010

12-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Wtf guys.

Keltai

09-23-2010

I would not recommend this guide. Sorry.

lol just looked at date

HarlockJC

09-23-2010

Quote:
AFKush:
First off posting scores won't really prove much at all. I could be posting a lot of my 20/2/11 or whatever games but that wont' really prove much. As of the most recent patch, Anivia CAN be a viable carry. The magic pen allows us to persist through endgame without hitting that wall, and by that wall i mean the magic resist the other team gets. Before you couldn't really circumvent your magic counter so physical carries reigned supreme. Now things are a bit different. As far as your question on priority in fights I will tell how how I play it.

First, I look for a set-up. By this i mean either Wall someone in, flash frost someone to single them out or glacial a group to provide some "panic" time to allow my teammates to initiate. From there you have a priority system. Anyone who is chilled, should have a frost bite coming at them. There is no reason NOT to spend the 90 mana for your main nuke, one which hurts VERY much with some AP. You keep saying it's range is tiny, I just don't get where you are coming from. The range of its cast is about that of your ultimate. Granted you CAN get the range of your ult to be a lot longer, it doesn't matter when placement is key. Your burst is actually a very important part of team battles as it provides that "oh ****" pressure on their carry. I say carry because that is who you should be gunning for. As a rule of thumb CC > carries. Your slow is no exception. It reduces mobility and damage output, as such, the carry should be chilled almost the whole time. This however is quite reliant on positioning, as chasing too much will result is problems. Almost all my games I play as Anivia, my frost bites will take like 30-50% of the enemy's health. I really want to say i'm exaggerating but this is simply what I observe. By the time you are level 9 and have like 40-80 AP (usually when I have my rod of ages close to finished), which makes will boost your Frost bite up there at around 450ish damage. That + a flash frost and you have around 900 damage in literally a second. Best part is, you can follow this up with another 450, four seconds later.

These numbers aside, Glacial is your instigator. It's easy to cast/hit and has a short cooldown. When you get people into a confined space AND/OR slowed by Glacial, then you can flash frost --> frost bite. Getting a Frost Bite off is quite easy if you sequence your commands as, Q -->moveclick-->Q+E right click. You get your FF explosion and Frost bite comming out at the same time. I usually mix a Wall inbetween the explosion and the FBite though. Usually keeps them in your range for a second glacial-->frostbite.

And for your issue of survival for newer players, Rod of Ages is your best friend. It provides all you're going to need early, plus your best survival tool....the ability to rape face when people "attempt" to gank you. I say attempt because there has been SO many games when a twitch will pop out only to die in less than 3 seconds. If you want you can friend me online and you can show me your Anivia in action and I can give some criticism if you want. Not saying i'm a pro, but I have been playing with her for quite a while.

Do you have any vids? I would really like to see that.

shadows1ayer

12-24-2010

Your anivia sucks ass im srry. The build for her is so horrible. Playing her as support is a total lost of potential. What anivia is, is she is the best farmer in the game,( extra gold for wards), and the best burst dmg possible. Failing to utiize this is epic fail.