Unreasonable Complaint?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strixie

03-16-2014

Anyone else getting put against Diamond players on their low bronze team?

I know the matchmaking system goes off the 3v3 team's MMR and not individual solo que, but damn. Its getting to the point that when we lolking the enemy team and see they are all high gold we do a cheer, 'yay its just a bunch of gold players!'.

In general the matchmaking seems a bit out of whack when you're in bronze. You either get the teams full of low bronze that have no idea what they are doing and instawin, or you get a team with a plat/diamond/silver that facewreck you in the first 5 minutes.

Team play is obviously a big factor in 3v3. I get the argument that if your coordination is good you can still win against people who are experienced in 5v5. We have beaten a few teams with plat players as bronzies. At the same time, I feel like if you que with a diamond player you should not be going against bronze IV teams. Shouldn't riot add the same standard in 3v3 where you can't que with anyone 2 tiers higher than you? Last time I checked, Bronze players can't duo que with diamond in ranked 5v5, so why can they in Twisted Treeline? I know riot doesn't care about the map, but a little standardization across the board would be nice.

Grinningsphinx

03-16-2014

Its well known that the matchmaking in TT is whacked.....been that way all of last season as well.... Riot apparently does not care. If you play ranked TT, you just deal with it or quit since everything about TT has fallen on deaf ears.

in queue forever

03-17-2014

3v3 is a joke because of this and trust me, you will never avoid this due to the fact that people remake teams like it's their job. my advice? drop this ridiculous map and play 5v5. at least you will have fair matchmaking. riot dropped the ball on 3v3 a while ago and for good reason. the fact that you can get challenger just off vsing lower tiered teams is a huge red flag to me and anyone trying to tell you this map is competitive is lying to you. this map is anything but that, it is just a mere mini-game.

redgod7

03-17-2014

Great advice. But i also see it the other way around.An opportunity for lower elo players to play higher ones. And 3v3 may not be that competitive but it is rly fun. And top 3v3 teams can destroy challenger 5v5 and soloq players when they come to 3's map. But its a unfair comparison because we play 3's alot and they are not that experienced on the map.

Ranked 3v3

03-17-2014

3v3 is a map with a completely different play style, for me, I prefer it far more than Summoners Rift simply because it is less people, you get to pick your teams, and there is essentially no laning phase.

Ranked 3v3

03-17-2014

I've noticed that the TT matchmaking server isn't whack, its the fact that so little people are queued at the same time that Riot just puts such teams together.

in queue forever

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgod7 View Post
Great advice. But i also see it the other way around.An opportunity for lower elo players to play higher ones. And 3v3 may not be that competitive but it is rly fun. And top 3v3 teams can destroy challenger 5v5 and soloq players when they come to 3's map. But its a unfair comparison because we play 3's alot and they are not that experienced on the map.
you make good points. personally i believe if riot just created a bigger incentive to play 3v3 right now (ranked solo queue? official riot tournament?) the games would be so much better. having a ranked mode simply isn't enough. ranked should be a competitive experience for both teams, not a 15 minute pub game for the higher ranked team. until then, the rank differential between matches is in my opinion creating a big problem for ranked and because of that the games don't feel as fun as they could be.

MissHellKitten

03-18-2014

I thought I was the only one.

Strixie

03-18-2014

Its not so much the fact that 3v3 is broken or noncompetitive, its that the system refuses to recognize 5v5 solo que as an aspect of skill.

'technically' the teams are 'balanced'. Low bronze ranked teams are going up against other teams that are low bronze rank. Your team is that rank because that's how well you play together. I have played a lot of 3's (mostly the old TT) and team coordination/map knowledge does play a large part. Some high tiered SR players that went on TT would have no idea what they were doing. I think Riot is trying to go with this idea, that how well you work together as a team should trump how good you are at a completely different map (SR).

HOWEVER

Bronze and Diamond in the same que is ridiculous. That's completely other ends of the spectrum. Its like taking a gold medalist cross country skier against someone who just got on ski's for the first time, and putting them in a downhill race. Granted, neither have competed in that style of skiing before, but who do you think is going to win? Obviously one comes to the table with a skillset that can be quickly adapted.

SR isn't the same as TT, granted. You can be much better in one than the other. But at the same time, a lot of things do carry over. It would be nice to have the system reflect that.

Hmm, reminds me of the PvP & PvE gear crossover debate.... ah, memories of that dearly deceased mmorpg.

redgod7

03-19-2014

[QUOTE=Era;45892808 ranked should be a competitive experience for both teams, not a 15 minute pub game for the higher ranked team.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a huge problem i was on 6 challenger teams but i left everyone single one because challenger in 3v3 doesn't mean anything. Anyone can que up at the right times and face bad teams. If you look at the leader board right now all but two group of players are trash. they will prly be kicked out at the end season when everyone goes for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strixie View Post
Its not so much the fact that 3v3 is broken or noncompetitive, its that the system refuses to recognize 5v5 solo que as an aspect of skill.

'technically' the teams are 'balanced'. Low bronze ranked teams are going up against other teams that are low bronze rank. .
We got a bronze team and we were gana climb it for fun all the way to challenger. on a silver 3 team we faced "challanger" 3v3 players on dia 3+ teams. I think the system is broken. When i used to q up on teams that were already placed i saw people on my friend list qing up with a dia and high plat teams and we dint face them. we waited 20 mins for a gold team....

Also for soloq i totally agree anyone with high solo rating should be automatically get placed plat 5 in 3's because in lower elos its not a map knowledge thing its a mechanical knowing how to cs skill shot kinda thing. that can effortlessly be transition to any map.