Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello Lets talk Talon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaper

Senior Recruiter

07-23-2012

roit pls, talon needs help. I don't play him, he always loses to me when i play vs him.

Bakedjake

Recruiter

07-23-2012

i love these suggestions

BanditManSteve

07-23-2012

Quote:
KingOverdrive:
Made for top?

I lol'd

Well Originally he was. He just works best mid because he cant stand against tanky deeps.

Tillinger

07-23-2012

i would love to see Talon buffs

Mehfisto

07-23-2012

Quote:
You do know that his ult is AoE right? Even if it's physical damage, it deals a considerable amount of damage to squishies, especially if he has Brutalizer/LW. Plus, it's instant activation. To use it twice in a teamfight would be OP. So reset like Darius is out of the question.

You're right, in retrospect resetting the CD like Darius may be overkill (pardon the pun). I don't think reducing the 75/65/55 CD is asking too much though.

Snailygoat

07-23-2012

Quote:
DeTantalus:
So I think most people agree that talon needs a little bit of help. He makes for a great mid lane, but he was built for top lane, which he currently cant do. His kit also has some small problems, im going to go over what I think needs changing.

1) His passive: In my opinion, talons passive is one of the most useless, and doesnt really flow with his kit at all. Ive never seen a good talon player rush a Frozen Mallet, and the only way he can proc it himself is with W (which is a very short window mind you), or a lucky phage proc. It just doesnt feel good at all, and its a "power passive" as a red put it (Zileas), a passive that isn't fun to use, and just adds power to his kit.

Suggested fix:A friend and I were talking about this one night and he came up with a pretty good Idea. For however much health they are missing, talons (Autos?) will do bonus % physical damage. I think it would be good as it fits with the whole assassin role, and would be much less dependant on others cc or lucky phage procs.

2) His E: His E should be able to cast on his allies, similar to jax leap or Kat shunpo. One of talons biggest issues is getting out of a team fight safely. Say if he gets a kill, his E refreshes immediatly. He can then decide, "is it safe for me to stay and go for more kills, or should I back out?" It would open up more gameplay oppurtunities. I would also say let the silence scale to 1.5 seconds when maxed, but thats not the main point.

These are just the flaws and things ive noticed that I dont think fit with talons kit or need changing. To make him a more viable to top, maybe move his base stats around. But I basically would just like to know if talon is even getting looked at right now. What is the communities thought on talon?

I don't think Talon requires any damage or ratio buffs since he can do his job very well. I'm going to be maining him when season 3 starts since solo que players don't ward often and have issues calling mia immediately when someone goes off the map which makes Talon's life immensely easier.

Some nice QoL buffs would be great. Such as E making him go behind the target instead of on top of them. Because no one likes to jump on their target only to have the rake miss them because you didn't step back. A silence that scales with level would be generous but not completely required in my opinion since the damage increase is all I'm interested in most of the time. However, adding that you can jump to allies or ally minions would be a great addition but I'd like to see what some reds say about this. But yeah his passive could use some looking at since it doesn't seem to fit into his kit since he gets at maximum, 2 auto attacks off in his combo.

BanditManSteve

07-23-2012

bump

BanditManSteve

07-23-2012

Quote:
TheSoulPunisher:
Yes I know, I'm just saying she could easily take out a low health target with just Shunpo and then use it to escape

You do know that his ult is AoE right? Even if it's physical damage, it deals a considerable amount of damage to squishies, especially if he has Brutalizer/LW. Plus, it's instant activation. To use it twice in a teamfight would be OP. So reset like Darius is out of the question.

Yeah his ult is fine. A reset or cd reducer would make him stupidly op.

BanditManSteve

07-23-2012

Quote:
Snailygoat:
I don't think Talon requires any damage or ratio buffs since he can do his job very well. I'm going to be maining him when season 3 starts since solo que players don't ward often and have issues calling mia immediately when someone goes off the map which makes Talon's life immensely easier.

Some nice QoL buffs would be great. Such as E making him go behind the target instead of on top of them. Because no one likes to jump on their target only to have the rake miss them because you didn't step back. A silence that scales with level would be generous but not completely required in my opinion since the damage increase is all I'm interested in most of the time. However, adding that you can jump to allies or ally minions would be a great addition but I'd like to see what some reds say about this. But yeah his passive could use some looking at since it doesn't seem to fit into his kit since he gets at maximum, 2 auto attacks off in his combo.

Only damage buff i mentioned would be his passive, which doesnt have to be that. Im just saying he needs a new passive, its useless.

Snailygoat

07-23-2012

Quote:
DeTantalus:
Only damage buff i mentioned would be his passive, which doesnt have to be that. Im just saying he needs a new passive, its useless.

I wasn't criticizing your ideas, just giving my 2 cents about what I believe Talon does and doesn't need and some nice QoL fixes. I just quoted you since you had some great ideas and I think some of those ideas should be looked at.

I've noticed people complain that the CD of his ultimate is way too long. Am I the only one who doesn't think so? I mean if I use my level 6 combo and kill my lane opponent. I clear the wave and push up, maybe grab their wraiths, back and buy and when I return it might have 15 seconds before being ready at the most.