Forced to have Smite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thhoorr

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajinn5 View Post
thats why, in normals no one cares about meta, they do whatever they please
Which is why I want them to have to jungle. But on the other hand I know people who do ranked and go to normals for cheap fun. So if they had rules like that maybe it wouldn't be fun.

HonorableGeneral

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Honestly, what games are you playing in that there is even a chance that there won't be a Jungle? At every elo i've ever been, I've never played a ranked game that didn't have a jungler on each side. Is this like super super low elo? Or normals?
The chance is low, but it's always there. I've seen people stream ranked games at 1750 elo where there's DOUBLE MID. That's unbelievable for me, but what's even more horrifying is people WIN because the enemy team is so confused that they don't adapt.

I'd compare the current meta to a finely-honed sword. If you attempt to beat it with a blunter sword one on one (previous metas or troll metas) you will lose. But that finely-honed sword won't save you if you choose not to block the blunt sword.

Allowing your attachment to the meta to blind you from adapting to the enemy team is like letting someone with a blunt sword hit you in the face repeatedly because his fighting style is different to what you're used to. Regardless if your sword is sharper, you will lose.

The odds are low you'll get a non-jungling team at high elo. But if you do get one, and you're not ready for it, chances are they can demolish you and will take advantage of the fact that you have no idea what to do.

Parthonaxx

07-23-2012

Solution to 2v1 lanes. Play Heimerdinger.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Just lane as Cho'Gath/Mundo/Tryndamere/Teemo/GP/Urgot etc etc Top.

They farm fine 2v1.

Weenis Too

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhoorr View Post
So do you guys think the solution would be to just play ranked :/
i think you should just play different champions who can 2v1 with little to no problem.
Renekton is going to be able to catch all his cs under the tower semi harass if you understand is ability set as he has a gap closer burst dmg escape all in 1 combo
or cho gath who regains life/mana on minion kills and by 10 min mark if you are even 1/2 ok at farming just will zone out most poke/harass.

I mean there are numerous other top laners who can handle this problem well without a jungler help those just a few examples.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

The real solution is to just play a champion that can 1v2. Thats used to be the standard for solo tops. Morgana, Nidalee, Cho... People who can sit back and farm from long range, who have sustain, and who can happily blow up minions at the tower so their tower doesn't get poked down.

gvaness

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Just lane as Cho'Gath/Mundo/Tryndamere/Teemo/GP/Urgot etc etc Top.

They farm fine 2v1.
Nasus is great too. he seems perfectly happy hanging out at the tower and farming q for 30 minutes.

I love it when the enemy doesn't jungle, especially as the jungler. You can easily take both their buffs, and give blue and red away even earlier. They are all visible, making ganks even easier and safer.
The only time I see it go poorly for the team with the jungler is when top has to try to go all rambo on them and feeds horribly. (Then usually cries that the jungler wasn't there the whole game.)

Leonixxiii

07-23-2012

Sometimes its not about picking a better champ... It helps, but what helps most is knowing what you can handle vs who your up against... I had t solo vs a jax and panth last night as lulu, and I did just fine because I was always mindful of jump range, and my towers range, and that I didn't have to worry about a jungler variable.

also use the minions, most 2s top will aggro more flak then you will.

Fallie

07-23-2012

Just because a lot of people like to have a jungler on their team doesn't mean it's necessarily better... If having two top and being able to smack that top lane is more helpful to your team than having a jungler then by all means do it. Just because you like to use a meta doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to use it.