How does one counter Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chroniccommand

07-22-2012

Seriously. I think I've tried every champ, every build, and everything in my arsenal. Can't counter him. Ranged?, grabs me and takes my health down to nothing instantly. Tank? Takes me down immediately. Kiting? Nope, 550 grab range.

So seriously. How? I'm not QQ'ing I'm asking a serious question. Nobody I know knows how to counter this guy. I just can't, neither can any of my friends. He just builds tanky while remaining high damage. It's getting on my nerves. It reminds me of when I was <10 and though yi was the most OP champ, except I don't see any way to beat darius, and I've been trying since he came out.

Vuther

07-22-2012

I'm afraid I have to say to learn to play ranged better, as every ranged carry has an attack range longer than Darius's grab. For an easy one, be Ashe - permaslows will easily stop him from even touching you ever.

Vencu

07-22-2012

his grab range is actually less then 500, there's a video of one trying to grab sivir who's auto attacking him and the grab doesn't hit

Rand0mH3r0X

07-22-2012

Teemo. Shroom Darius, run around him, bind as soon as he tried to unleash his combo so he can't land or stack hemorrage. Just keep hitting him, and as soon as bind ends either close the kill or run and let the poison work and come back for the kill. Works against most physical ad characters.

Vuther

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
his grab range is actually less then 500, there's a video of one trying to grab sivir who's auto attacking him and the grab doesn't hit
Ciderhelm's Don't Feed Darius, by the way. At 1:53.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Yeah, honestly you just need to play ranged better to beat him. Stop letting him get close enough to pull you, it has a range of less then 500 even though it states it has a range of 550. Find that range or simply juke out the pull altogether then harass from afar. Caitlyn, Ashe, and Teemo do very well against him. Caitlyn has a range of 650, Ashe has a range of 600 and permaslow, and Teemo is so mobile it is easy to juke out the pull.

Vencu

07-22-2012

generally ranged counters, but some melee too

I was watching dyrus' stream and he was playing darius vs an irelia and the irelia just sorta **** on him once she got 6

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-22-2012

What is countering.

I can tell you how to counter him.
Or I can just tell you how to kill him.

To counter a champ is to play against them in such a way that their playstyle is shut down and they lose advantages they had by design. Killing is unnecessary. If this is what you want you also gotta say what specifically you want to counter. If you want to beat him in lane, use a ranged champ, use a another bruiser, or use a good ranged champ or one with a good escape. Remember that his ult is only like 475 range and in the end that's what kills you. If you just don't want to die buy boots and use escape mechanics. If you want him to die use burst champs with good harrass. Don't expect to have an easy time, darius is difficult to play against even if he lacks viability. He's like that buttonmash guy in fighting games

twoski

07-22-2012

Is there any "hard counter" to darius that isn't a Ranged AD Carry?

I mean, is it a smart idea to run a team with 2 carries? Let's say you have Sivir and Soraka bottom, Veigar mid and Udyr jungle. If you pick Caitlyn top to counter Darius, then you've just made the enemy team's itemizing extremely easy since your team relies way more physical damage than magic damage.

Vencu

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoski View Post
Is there any "hard counter" to darius that isn't a Ranged AD Carry?

I mean, is it a smart idea to run a team with 2 carries? Let's say you have Sivir and Soraka bottom, Veigar mid and Udyr jungle. If you pick Caitlyn top to counter Darius, then you've just made the enemy team's itemizing extremely easy since your team relies way more physical damage than magic damage.
olaf has ranged poke with a slow, sustain with W, true damage with E

As i said above i saw an irelia **** on darius because she'd Q in, do her true damage with W, if she got lower health, stun with E, then ult to restore all the health she lost because her ult gives really nice sustain

Yorick would probably be a good pick, probably others i just can't think of them