Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] DPS Olaf. The real way to go.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunOfABeach

09-08-2010

I just finished my new Guide about Olaf.

I cant see those Frozen Mallet Starks builds anymore. Forget Champion spotlight.
Forget the other garbage.
Build him like you should, Pure DPS.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...pure-dps.xhtml (http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/7697-the-way-of-the-warrior-pure-dps.xhtml)

I appreciate it alot when you Rate my guide if you like it.

SOAB

(I made a thread yesterday but I didn't post it accidentally , atleast it seemed so, If it was there i apologize)

Metta Game

09-08-2010

Might quicksilver sash be a good idea on olaf to remove exhausts, which wreck you?

And what about running Madreds bloodrazor?

Jravolta

09-08-2010

I find that Olaf needs some health; he needs to outlive their initial burst to initate berzerker mode. Typically I get a Phage and Vampiric Scepter, build Madred's Bloodrazor (insane procs with your passive) then finish the Frozen Mallet.

DramaticBear

09-08-2010

He needs phage, or he will have no way of keeping people near him.

Maihes

09-08-2010

Decent guide, I do not think that is "always" the best way to build.

When jungling I sometimes start with sword sometimes with armor, if I start with sword I max W first and can kill dragon by lvl 7-8.

Wriggles Lantern, +3 Boots, Brut -> Ghostblade, 2nd Brutalizer, IE, Phantom (or BT for last item) is what I usually run. More then enough Armor pen from Ulti, 2 items, and runes. And I tend to get Phantom first then if game continues and a lot of money around, I will drop Lantern for a Blood Thirster.

Many people don't like +3 Boots and Phantom on Olaf, but having 460 (i think) run speed + ghost + Lizard means no one is getting away, this allows you to drop Exhaust for Fortify, Teleport, Clairvoyance, Ignite, Flash (in other words, what ever your preference is because they all are VERY strong when used properly)

But this is just my personal way of building him and I tend to go Smite / Sword + 1 Pot at beginning to push dragon much earlier then your guide allows.

SunOfABeach

09-08-2010

Quote:
Jravolta:
I find that Olaf needs some health; he needs to outlive their initial burst to initate berzerker mode. Typically I get a Phage and Vampiric Scepter, build Madred's Bloodrazor (insane procs with your passive) then finish the Frozen Mallet.

With your mallet, you loose so many damage that your lifesteal is much lower and gives you less staying power. You get your slow from lizard. And you have your axe too.

Phage sets you 3000 gold back in the DPS race

Amaterasuomikami

09-08-2010

No reason not to get Phage, pure DPS in this metagame will just get torn to shreads.

You need survivability, and Phage not only offers a little of that but a slow [and with his attackspeed you only need phage really, you dont HAVE to upgrade it to mallet]

Azghyn Nite

Recruiter

09-08-2010

Quote:
mindstream:
Might quicksilver sash be a good idea on olaf to remove exhausts, which wreck you?

And what about running Madreds bloodrazor?

You mean like cleanse does(Yea... It removes blinds now...)

And @above, I believe phage is fine, but upgrading it to frozen mallet is a waste. It's useful for some added survivability, but damage+lifesteal usually gives better unless against bursters. If you want slows, get lizard..