Lux players, watch Froggen and take notes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaguroMmm

Senior Member

07-22-2012

watch niceguysmile's lux... i like his more ^.^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reddart

Senior Member

07-22-2012

k ill get teleport revive insteed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emaílsupport

Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaguroMmm View Post
watch niceguysmile's lux... i like his more ^.^
Obviously because he's named niceguysmile. Go play maplestory biatch


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Little Haley

Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHDC View Post
You're still doing it.
The thing about Mejai's is that you get no immediate benefit from spending 800g. You've basically spent 1200g on an Amplifying Tome when you could've got two Doran's and been much better off. Mejai's is a huge gamble and I've only seen it bought once in a competitive game (it was also on a Karthus). Unless you're confident you can outplay your opponent with 800g down the drain, it's probably not a wise purchase. Also, stacking items are inherently risky due to their loss of stacks upon death, and people hate taking risks in competitive play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhYouFancy

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHDC View Post
You're still doing it.
And I am not arguing that I am listening to someone that is identifiably better than me and certainly yourself. Your argument is based upon him doing things poorly, so go do them right? If you are so skilled that you claim to be able to play better than someone that is widely considered the best at what he does, then you should easily be able to prove your point. The fact that part of your argument is that I am appealing to authority in a facetious manner is quite ridiculous and I will have no more to say on this matter with you.

Good day, sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-22-2012

Froggen is playing AP Trist now. I ****ing love this guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swampert

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHDC View Post
That awkward moment when you invoke the appeal to authority fallacy and ignore the point entirely.

You can ask Froggen about the Lux play if you'd like. He makes mistakes like everyone else.
I highly doubt I will ever hear a pro player ever say, "Yeah those doran's rings were a mistake, I should've gone Mejai's."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LHDC

Junior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAWHALEOOORAOOR View Post
The thing about Mejai's is that you get no immediate benefit from spending 800g. You've basically spent 1200g on an Amplifying Tome when you could've got two Doran's and been much better off. Mejai's is a huge gamble and I've only seen it bought once in a competitive game (it was also on a Karthus). Unless you're confident you can outplay your opponent with 800g in wasted stats, it's probably not a wise purchase. Also, stacking items are inherently risky due to their loss of stacks upon death, and people hate taking risks in competitive play.

The thing is that Froggen had an almost perfect protection team, and Lux should die rarely unless played poorly or out of position. You'll note that Froggen died twice that game - once when he got greedy and went out of position to try to snipe a free kill (but didn't realize he was in a warded bush) and once when Voyboy suicided over the wall to kill him and his team reacted a bit slowly in response. It's not an accident that he had a great ratio on Lux.

Mejai's is very situational, yes, and even Froggen builds it regularly on Anivia due to her ability to maintain high KDAs as well. I'm not pretending to say it's a huge mistake that he didn't build Mejai's in this situation, but I do think it would have been a better choice (and you may see him build it in the future if he does play Lux).

As far as the laning mechanics are concerned, I do think it was a mistake on Froggen's part to constantly push and leave mid as a farm-fest between him and Karthus, because he has the capability to zone Karthus out of CS when Nocturne ult is down (and it was down pretty frequently with Wickd getting picked off repeatedly), and Karthus out-scales Lux. The only good reason he would push like that would be so that he could roam and snipe other lanes, but that didn't happen.

Frankly, the suggestion that a pro player is beyond reproach because they are a pro is a bit ridiculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHDC View Post
The thing is that Froggen had an almost perfect protection team, and Lux should die rarely unless played poorly or out of position. You'll note that Froggen died twice that game - once when he got greedy and went out of position to try to snipe a free kill (but didn't realize he was in a warded bush) and once when Voyboy suicided over the wall to kill him and his team reacted a bit slowly in response. It's not an accident that he had a great ratio on Lux.

Mejai's is very situational, yes, and even Froggen builds it regularly on Anivia due to her ability to maintain high KDAs as well. I'm not pretending to say it's a huge mistake that he didn't build Mejai's in this situation, but I do think it would have been a better choice (and you may see him build it in the future if he does play Lux).

As far as the laning mechanics are concerned, I do think it was a mistake on Froggen's part to constantly push and leave mid as a farm-fest between him and Karthus, because he has the capability to zone Karthus out of CS when Nocturne ult is down (and it was down pretty frequently with Wickd getting picked off repeatedly), and Karthus out-scales Lux. The only good reason he would push like that would be so that he could roam and snipe other lanes, but that didn't happen.
Froggen buys Mejai's on Anivia because you have to kill him twice to make him lose stacks. He didn't get Mejai's on Lux because he was up against a team with Fizz, a mobile assassin who would be happy to relieve Lux of those Mejais stacks if he manages to get in on her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathsin7

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Clarity is very good in Lux, I don't know what you are talking about now. She OOMs like no other, especially in laning phase but even in mid-late game she still have a lot of mana problems. Without clarity you'd OOM all the time and be useless in lane as you would OOM by level 5 after harrassing three times. even WITH clarity, mana regen runes, and blue buff Lux would still have a lot of mana problems in lane. I cant even think of how do people play lux without clarity.

On the other hand, Teleport on her is just useless.